10 days in and no weight loss at all

Options
2»

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Weigh all food, log all liquids ingested after measuring, and measure your brandy. Weight food to the gram if you can, including the oil that you cook your scrambled eggs in. Fats especially can add lots of calories.

Limit processed foods and foods eaten out. Too hard to figure out how many calories they really are (packaging only has to be accurate to a %, and it could be off enough to end your calorie deficit if you eat enough).

Exercise, but we really don't know how much you are burning unless you get a heart rate monitor, and even then it is guestimating.

Take photos and measurements when you start. Eventually you are going to stall out and as you know now, it is frustrating. If you compare photos when you stall to when you start, and you see losses of inches but not pounds, you know you are headed in the right direction.

Follow up with your doc for your thyroid.

Good luck!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes I notice that my pants fit a little loose where I have to wear a belt, but I know that was from when I was hyper thyroid. I lost 30 pounds in 1 month.......I want to see it on the scale, in numbers lol. Maybe I should just weigh myself once a month and not once a week.

If you need to see numbers, consider measuring yourself. The tape measure might be a better gauge!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have the logging of the foods and exercise down pretty good. What I am not understanding is why I have not even lost a pound in 10 days. Can you all look at my food diary and let me know where I am going wrong
    Either you're not eating enough, or you're not logging everything you eat accurately & honestly. Eating too little is just as bad as eating too much. You lose weight by eating at a reasonable deficit.

Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • tchereej
    tchereej Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had a big problem at first with underestimating my calories. If you can be very strict with weighing and counting everything you eat, I bet you will get better results. You are right, it is impossible to accurately count cafeteria food. When I started logging I totally gave up the cafeteria at work. Now, I weigh and measure everything the night before and bring my breakfast and lunch with me. I don't even go into the cafeteria anymore! It takes some adjustment but I'm getting used to it. Now, I don't even take a bite of anything that I can't count. It's just not worth it. My goal is too important! Good luck :)
  • godisgood1167
    godisgood1167 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody and thank you all so much for the suggestions. I sat back a few days and waited until I heard from my doctor about my thyroid. I still ate healthy and exercised. I finally heard from him and he states that my thyroid levels are way better than they have been in the past. He wants me to stay on my meds and I have permission to continue to eat healthy and exercise. So I am back and ready to do this. Contest ends May 1st.....I will use all suggestions and tips, and even after the contest ends at work, I will continue on. Thank you all again and wish me luck :-)
  • awak3ned
    Options
    It is way easier to log every item individually especially if there is a bar code, scan it and MFP most likely will have it. I always try and over estimate if I'm not sure.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Hello. First let me say that I love this website. My niece introduced me to it when I told her I had joined the Biggest Loser contest at work. I looked over the site and I am still trying to familiarize myself with the whole calorie count, deficit, exercise and all of that. I have the logging of the foods and exercise down pretty good. What I am not understanding is why I have not even lost a pound in 10 days. I admit, I just started exercising, but I have been eating healthy (I think lol). I have cut out fried foods, pop (soda), a lot of sweets (and anybody who knows me, knows I love my sweets). I started drinking a lot of water, which is something that I did not like in the past but I know I needed it if I am going to win this contest. Can you all look at my food diary and let me know where I am going wrong or what I should or should not be doing. I know I need to cut out the brandy and cranberry juice, but after a long day at work, that is my unwind drink. I appreciate/welcome all suggestions, good and bad. Thanks :-)

I also would make sure you are eating at least 3 meals a day and 2 snacks!!! :)
    Breakfast is a huge meal of your day... make sure you eat within an hour of waking up, because it helps to jump start your metablism!

if you can i would suggest meal planning and prepping too! :) thats how i get though my week!

No, breakfast/eating earlier in the day does not do anything magical for your metabolism. That's been debunked (do a search here on the forums if you want to read up on it). Meal timing/frequency has nothing to do with weight loss-it's about calorie intake/deficit.