No more weight loss!?

Options
Does there come a point, when you are losing weight, that your body just cannot lose any more?

Obviously, I know if you starved yourself you would lose weight. But I am asking about healthily trying to lose weight!

Does there come a point in your weight loss journey, where your body, just does not 'want' to lose any more (as in - becomes extremely difficult to lose the weight, especially with age)?

Replies

• TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Only when you're severely lean.

Your body doesn't "want" to lose weight period. That's the key. It errors not he side of storing weight.

Usually there's a great deal of metabolic changing that needs to take place. The average female reaches a point where she needs to start doing more aggressive exercise with a higher metabolic output/load, aka weight lifting, etc. and the proper supporting macronutrient intake becomes that much more important, especially protein and fats.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only when you're severely lean.

this.

if you have a healthy BMI, and are in the 'normal' bodyfat category, then it gets harder to lose the vanity pounds, but its still very doable if you're willing to put the work in.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Well you can continue to lose weight until you die of starvation.

Generally though you find a balance of what weight you would like to maintain at and eat to that accordingly.
  • EpsilonGamma
    Options
    You can change the types of good you are eating while still under a caloric deficit or reduce your calories by 100 and see after a couple of weeks.

Just be aware that it can be dangerous for women to drop below a certain amount of body fat.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not a problem I have yet, unfortunately lol. But seems to be an interesting topic. So I'm in.