NEED HELP PLEASE

Options
i have shake mix and all but never have enough milk to put in it but its says i can use water. any suggestions ON WHAT I CAN EAT THATS I CAN KEEP IN MY ROOM. I WAS THINKING SOUP AND SOME SPECIAL K THINGS WITH MY DIET SHAKES ANY HELP OUT THERE WOULD BE NICE AND IM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS IN THE CANTON AREA

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to keep food in your room?

I would suggest eating real food instead of diet shakes.

Eat whatever foods help you reach your calorie goal. Simple.
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    I LIVE IN A HOTEL ROOM BC I CANT AFFORD TO COME UP WITH RENT AND DEPOSIT. AND THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT FOOD WILL HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Definitely on the real food vs shakes thing. Eating actual food is so much more fun. Plus, you'd be amazed at how much actual food you can eat and stay under your calories for the day. Christ, look at my food diary. I'm usually under 6 days out of 7 and I feel like I am backing a truck up to my face and dumping all the food straight down my gullet. And it's not like I'm eat twigs and celery sticks either.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I don't think I understand what you are asking for. Healthy food items you can have without a kitchen?

If you have access to a fridge there are a number of things you can do with fresh veggies. You want to be careful of packaged soups as they contain a lot of sodium. Things like peanut butter, wraps, beans, tuna....are all things you can do without a kitchen. Also, oatmeal is great as you can add yogurt to it for a filling breakfast or fresh fruits.

I hope that helps you.
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    LOL THANKS FOR THAT IT WAS FUNNY. I DO EAT FOOD BUT IM ON THE GO ALOT BC OF WORK PLUS I SLEEP ALOT BC OF MY HEALTH PROBLEMS AND ALL. SO I LOOK FOR THINGS PLUS I ONLY HAE A SMALL FRIDGE AND MICRPWAVE AND CROCK POT SO GOT TO KEEP IT SIMPLE LIVING IN MOTEL SUCKS
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    YEA IT DOES SUM I HAVE LITTLE ACCESS TO NORMAL THINGS
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    I LIVE IN A HOTEL ROOM BC I CANT AFFORD TO COME UP WITH RENT AND DEPOSIT. AND THANKS FOR THE HELP BUT IM NOT SURE WHAT FOOD WILL HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT

There is no food that will help you lose weight just as there is no food that will make you gain weight. You just have to count your calories, log obsessively and honestly until you get the hang of it, and the weight will come off. I mean, if you're talking about just general health then yeah, get them fruits, veggies and proteins. But pure weight loss has more to do with how much you take in vs how much you burn. Also, I've been in similar financial situations. With two kids. I know that it seems like everything that is supposed to be "healthy" is out of your price range, and everything that is supposed to make things worse is the only stuff you can afford. That is something that truly sucks about the U.S. You can, however, find plenty of healthy, high nutrition - low calorie foods just as cheap and the crappy stuff if you're willing to put in the time and effort. Are you able to cook at all in your room?
  • goldilocksdp
    goldilocksdp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you have a fridge in your room then it will be easier, Fruit, yoghurt, sachets of museli or instant oats. premade salads and cold meats. sushi.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why are you shouting?

if you have a fridge get some salad/cold meat/reduced fat cheese and make up salads for lunch. you can make scrambled aggs in the microwave.

not sure what the issue is with the milk and water for the shakes, but drinking meal replacements wont help you learn about portion control or healthy eating.
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    I GOT CROCK POT AND MICROWAVE AND THATS IT. I CANT WAIT TIL I GET BACK INTO AN APT. BUT I DO ALSO WORK OUT TO LESLIE SANSONE AND JULLIAN MICHAELS I SWITCH EVERY DAY BUT WILL WALKING HELP ME LOSE WIEGHT
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    Crockpot, you say? Oh, you're golden. You can find literally hundreds of super healthy recipes built around either chicken or pork tenderloin in a crock pot. Crock pots are awesome for cooking healthy stuff.
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    I GOT CROCK POT AND MICROWAVE AND THATS IT. I CANT WAIT TIL I GET BACK INTO AN APT. BUT I DO ALSO WORK OUT TO LESLIE SANSONE AND JULLIAN MICHAELS I SWITCH EVERY DAY BUT WILL WALKING HELP ME LOSE WIEGHT

Moving will help you lose weight insofar as it will burn calories. Moving more will burn more calories. When you burn more calories than you eat, you lose weight. So yes, walking, working out, playing with your kids, all of that stuff burns calories. You really should go into the settings here and set up your goals. The first thing it will do is tell you how many calories a day you burn simply by existing. You'll be surprised at how high that is. Then, when you start logging your activities you'll see how many extra calories you burn working out. You'll be surprised at how low that is, lol. The point is that there is no magic food, no magic pill, and no magic workout. Pure weight loss is just eating somewhere between your base calories and what you've burned day in and day out.
  • NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Crockpot is a great way to go, but also portion your foods and please make sure you eat. It's important that you eat at least 3 meals a day and healthy snack in-between if necessary. Eating small portions helps.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    Amen to that SaintGiff, and walking believe it or not is excellent exercise. It works all the muscles in your body to an extent just walking alone. The great thing about a crock pot is you can keep the food at a safe temperature for days. I know a lot of people say that it is not safe to eat it that way, but honestly I have never had any issues eating chili for a few days with it sitting in the heater.
  • SaintGiff
    Options
    Tagging in Sky cuz I'm going to bed.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Gotta Say SaintGiff is bang on the money! Eat healthy food get rid of those shakes: they have their uses, but for the amount of calories / fat they contain you could get a nice healthy meal instead which is far more satisfying.

I came to the conclusion that weight loss is basically a simple premise: Eat healthy, eat at a calorie deficit, exercise = weight loss. There are not "weight loss" foods.

Having said that the theory is hellva difficult to put into practice, but my view is the one I used to finally stop smoking (over 17 years ago!). Each time I fail (and I do) I view it like a swing door, sure i have to go through it a few times, and like a stupid *kitten*, I end up back where I started, but then, eventually i'll get it right and walk straight through and succeed, and so will you.
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS AND I LOVE CHILI NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT KEEPING IT ON WARM FOR A FEW DAYS I CAN MAKE ENOUGH TO LAST FOR A FEW DAYS BUT HOW DO I MAKE THE MEAT WITHOUT BROWNING IT ON THE STOVE. AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS ITS A HABIT NOT YELLING AT ANYONE. AND THIS HELPS ME OUT AND I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP.
  • Lesliemollett
    Options
    ok but how do u brown the meat with no stove
  • Lukes_Dove
    Lukes_Dove Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You don't have to brown the meat to cook it, it's just tastier that way.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you should be able to buy a hot plate- it's like one electric burner that plugs into the wall. I think they cost less than $20 but they work just like a burner on any regular electric stove. It may be worth the investment depending on how long you expect to be in the hotel. Then you can brown meat same as you would if you had a stove.