Really want to lose weight

Options
Hi guys my name is Samantha and ive been trying to lose weight but nothing seems to be working.... i work out 6 days a week i do insanity ive seen results with it but now nothing i drink 2-3 liters of water a day and dont know why i feel so fat like bloated or something :( it seems like im gaining weight rather than losing... the scale remains the same no matter how good i eat or how bad :( help

Replies

• NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha. What is your weight goal?
  • ColtsGurl1
    Options
    150 thats 149 pounds i have to lose thats very discouraging
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    Working out that heavily, you may just be gaining weight in muscle, which does weigh more than fat. Also, 6 days a week is a bit much. Some people can do it 7 and not have any repercussions, but I have noticed that since I cut down on my exercises, it's actual been more productive than working out every single day on losing weight. I do a lot of cardio "sometimes nearly 4,000 calories a day" and I started to notice my body stopped dropping the weight because it had adjusted to the exercise I was doing, and expected more from me. I would say try to cut out another day, but don't make it two consecutive days that you take a break. Do like 2 days of exercise, break, 3 days, break. There are many other factors as well, examples being quality of sleep "I drink a lot of water before bed. I know it sounds like a bad idea, but your body requires less sleep if you go to bed well-hydrated." or it could be just a need to switch up your routine. I am not sure how much insanity switches it up since I am primarily a cardio kind of guy, but doing different exercises on different days helps to not let your body become accustomed to the point you have to kill yourself to get just little results. I'm no expert on the subject matter, I just know myself and others have had this same problem and the solution was to cut back on the exercise, re-check our calorie counts, or both. Just try a few new things, and try to catch your body off guard with something it isn't used to. I wish you the best of luck!
  • ColtsGurl1
    Options
    i was trying something new counting calories and only eating the recommended amount and nothing lost but i think i know what it is i dont sleep right :/
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking for? if it's less than one month, you have to do it for longer.

Think of it this way.

You didn't gain that weight in one year.

It will take you over a year to lose 150lbs... 2 if you're consistent and disciplined.
  • ColtsGurl1
    Options
    ughhh nevermind its to much work i dont want to have to wait 2 years
  • NidiaG24
    NidiaG24 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Samantha I am not trying to discourage you but it is hard work, but work that is rewarding. I am sure it took more than 2 years for the weight add on. You are in a good place with great ppl to help you get to your goal. Don't be discouraged, look at this as your greatest test and it's to commit to losing the weight.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    What Nidia say is very true...and in addition I can tell you from personal experience...that for me its become less about the actual numbers and more about how i feel...i feel so much better...i am so much more active. Yes i want to lose another 50 but more inportant for me now is that i continue the right habits and excercise.

Dont give up we're here for you
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You said you would not want to lose the weight in 2 years. I lost 160 pounds in 11 months and I have spent the last 9 months trying to rebuild my metabolism so I would not gain it back. I,m still 20 pounds from my goal but the affect of very low calories and rapid weight loss has been taxing on my physical and mental well being. If you focus only on the weight loss you will not see the big picture. The big picture is your health and adapting to a sustainable weight loss where transition into maintenance is accomplished with a minimal shift in caloric intake. Take the 2 years and when you have a treat on Saturday like a doughnut and cappuccino you wont see a 5 pound gain on the scale and struggle to get it back off again by the next weekend.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Let me try to break it down to you in my terms. I am a paramedic in the emergency department at a Level I trauma hospital. Say a patient comes in with chest pain. There is no one specific way to treat chest pain. We start with oxygen, then we give aspirin...OH WAIT---PATIENT IS ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN, so lets give some Nitroglycerin. Not working? Hmmm, better increase the oxygen and try some Fentonyl or Morphine or Torodol.........get the picture? You may start off one way at changing your lifestyle to lose weight but along the way, it may be neccessary to consider changing a thing or two along the way.

We don't give up in the emergency department. Be your own paramedic. DON'T GIVE UP!!!! :happy:
  • kre8tivdesigner
    Options
    Very inspiring post wrenegade64!