Best meal replacement shakes

Options
What are some good meal replacement shakes?
I keep hearing people say buy shakeology

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    buy some whey protein powder at your local GNC/walmart/whatever. i like the chocolate one. mix it with some peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, a banana, and some uncooked oats and you've got an awesome shake that is great for breakfast.
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    First off let me inform you that if you do get responses on here a lot will probably be like cut the shakes eat real food lol..or coachs trying to make whatever they sell sound like something you need in your life.

With that being said I use ShakeO... downside is it's expensive and for $100-$130. I ordered it with p90x3 just to give it a try. I still eat good healthy real food I just use shakeO for something quick and easy. I like to add a bit of fruit to it. I have also tried advocare and that too gets expensive over time.
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm on a local brand similar to the BSN Syntha-6 that you have over there. I take it only on gym days. It shoots my protein intake way up and drops my carbs like nobody's business. Oh, and did I mention that it tastes great, too? I mix mine with water to keep it light. But you can add milk, too if you prefer.
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use Atkins right now, but I just found a European version of GNC, so I will be buying Optimal Nutrition soon.
  • addieblue
    addieblue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that Almased is quite good for meal replacement..However, I don't think that those type of shakes are a good solution - now I am trying out a regular protein shake in order to increase my daily consumption of proteins and it is not that bad I have to say.
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    I love BSN Syntha 6 Cookies and Cream.
  • nikijh
    nikijh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use 60g of Maximuscle Lean - Vanilla
    15g of froze berries from Asda
    1 Banana
    300ml of water.

Blend it all in a smoothie maker, makes it super creamy and milkshake like, and it's only 300 calories.