interesting

can't help but think....his heart still isn't helped by eating this stuff. and is he hungry, coz mcdonalds is generally high gi

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/man-loses-37-pounds-by-eating-exclusively-at-mcdonalds-1496972541

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    The amount of weight he lost probably means his heart will still thank him.

He probably was hungry. I am always hungry on a cut but just ignore it.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    I hope he was taking a multivitamin.

But, if nothing else, I think that helps make the case that a caloric deficit is the prerequisite mechanism for weight loss, all else being roughly equal (i.e no tapeworm.)

I do believe I would feel like wet garbage on a summer day if I tried that, though. A little too rich for my blood.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    There are no demon foods. He is much healhier and not just because of the weight loss, although that certainly is a plus. If you read the back story you will find that his diet was probably healthier than most. He watched his macros as well as his calories. People need to get over the healthy vs unhealthy food mindset, there is only food. In moderation and in the right portion almost all foods are just fine.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    i still prefer the taste of raw foods to sugary ones though...so i wont be personally testing this diet. would love to lose so many poinds though....this weight loss thing calls for a lot of patience
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    You can lose weight eating McTaco King as long as you don't mindlessly chomp down on 5 McWendy Whoppers per meal. The menu is broad enough to meet all macros. The problem is you're tricking some people into thinking that they can go into McBurger Bell and order whatever they want because, "Some guy lost weight eating there." It is a slippery slope. Also, some of the stuff tastes dirtier than a recycled truck tire.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to do it. :-D
  • Losing weight = prolonged energy deficit. Doesn't matter how you achieve that whether its from a "healthy" diet, starvation, exercise. Not to suggest attempting the extreme measures. Of course, the actual profile that comes with the weight loss, the changes in body composition, fitness levels, quality of life, long-term adherance - these are all things that matter which is why although this diet worked I would never recommend it to anyone when other far less extreme diets are available.