Bought knee high boots that wont zip! help?!

Options
Jovialation
Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
what can i do to make my legs smaller? Theyre winter boots, so Ive got a lot of time...but I really wanna lose leg mass without gaining muscle (my legs are already greatly muscular) !!
Its pretty frustrating...help??

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    If your legs are like mine, there's at least some fat on top of the muscle. So losing fat helps. And you could just have calves that are too wide ... I have a pair of horseback riding tall boots that I'm an inch from ... I'm hoping I can fit in them in 6 months!! :smile: Good luck! (and if someone else has more info - awesome!)
  • mhesterruns
    mhesterruns Posts: 49
    Options
    So one of my Diva girlfriends told me how to get the zipped. I did this trick before I had lost some weight and it worked fine. The trick is....to zip them up as far as you can then scrunch them down to the skinner part of your calf and zip them up the rest of the way. You then have to pull the boot up all the way. It sounds weird but it works. When I bought my first pair of knee high boots there was a thin petite lady who couldn't get them zipped either. She tried it and it worked like a charm.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, even at my skinniest - knee high boots just don't work with my legs :( I'm no help at all. I was running over 30 miles a week at the time and still no dice.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely one of the people out there that was unfortunately blessed with chunky calves. I've never been able to wear rain boots or zip up boots or anything like that. I've done my measurements and they went down like half an inch from losing about 10 pounds, so maybe by time I'm done losing weight, I might fit into stuff like that.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    So one of my Diva girlfriends told me how to get the zipped. I did this trick before I had lost some weight and it worked fine. The trick is....to zip them up as far as you can then scrunch them down to the skinner part of your calf and zip them up the rest of the way. You then have to pull the boot up all the way. It sounds weird but it works. When I bought my first pair of knee high boots there was a thin petite lady who couldn't get them zipped either. She tried it and it worked like a charm.
    im gonna try that! never thought of it, thanks!

and epj78 - im sorry to hear it. Im in love with knee high everything so i really need to figure something out lol
  • thisemmabites
    thisemmabites Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm so jealous of anyone that can were knee high boots! Lucky ladies. My calves hardly have any fat on them at all, completely muscular, and I can't wear them. I think they're so sexy!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    what can i do to make my legs smaller? Theyre winter boots, so Ive got a lot of time...but I really wanna lose leg mass without gaining muscle (my legs are already greatly muscular) !!

I have man calves. I can never wear regular boots. I suggest you find out where drag queens do thier shopping for boots.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

I have man calves. I can never wear regular boots. I suggest you find out where drag queens do thier shopping for boots.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my knee high boots and so does the hubby! I am going to have to buy some new ones soon mine are starting to get too worn. Oh and what a fantastic idea with zipping as far as you can and then scrunching them down! I have never thought of doing that.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    You can buy wide calf boots! I actually ended up with some last year that were too big at the top! check out www.onestopplus.com they have wide calf boots and lots of other stuff too.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Sandara said. I used to get a catalogue of mail order stuff for plus sized girls. Even if you yourself are not plus sized your calves may be. I think it was called Roaman's or something like that, they were a division of Lane Bryant. Or try to google extended calf boots, you may find something there too. good luck.

ps- yes the scrunchie thing works but it creases the boot which causes them to slip down and scrunch on their own. Just beware.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    thanks everyone! i may have to order my next pair plus cuz it seems theres more people who can relate to my problem than people who have overcome it
  • ashunderwood88
    Options

So you just absolutely saved me. I am 25 and blew out my knee last summer. I had to stay off it for it to heal. I gained so much weight and totally lost my confidence. Then last November I had a heart attack. To lighten my mood, I bought myself so sophisticated knee high flat boots. Got them in the mail and I was like a kid! I torn them open ready to put them on thinking how pretty I will feel and what I planned on wearing with them. Low and behold, my fat calves prevented me from zipping them 75%! I was so mad, then I just flat out got depressed, it was like a punch in the heart.
    Well, they went to my closet. I have been working out and dieting with a lot of goals in mind. Meanwhile they collected dust. Well here I am now after ready this, wearing my boots. I have lost a little weight but not much if any change was in my calves. You so upped my self esteem, thank you 100000x thank you for sharing this advice!!!!:heart:
  • kuwashima
    kuwashima Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. I have some dress knee high boots that I really love but struggle to get them on so this might work. I just bought a pair of wide calf riding boots from 6pm.com (Naturalizer Juliette, I think) and I absolutely love them. They fit just right but they were the 3 pair I tried. The first two pairs I got were from Fitzwell and were great but actually a little too big in the calf. Good luck!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ha.. I have big calves too, I don't mind them I actually love them. I do have issues with knee high boots since I wear size 4.5 - 5. They never fit. I now get models with an elastic band to stretch.
  • 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If they are close to zipping, maybe the zipper makes it an inch or two from the top, you can take it to a cobbler and see if they can help. Mine was able to stretch the boot shaft and insert a piece of elastic to get me that last inch.

The only other options that work for me are buying wide-calf boots or cutting calories to lose fat. Good luck!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. To make your legs smaller, you have to lose fat from all over your body. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants