Hi guys, i'm new

Options
Hello everyone! My name's Elena. I just started here a couple of days ago per my friends' request...I live in South San Francisco. I moved here from Napa CA in January of 2010 for my new job as a personal chef for a former professor at Stanford University. Since the beginning of my employment I managed to gain about 50 pounds. I think the weight gain happened because i was living alone for the first time and not playing tennis every day like i used to ! Duh. And i have an insatiable appetite. haha.

Anyways, i've lost weight before. 50 pounds in fact in less than a year, a couple years back. I lost it by playing tennis (like extreme cardio tennis) and eating less. Surprise! Never went to the gym because i hate it. Alas i am back at square one. I felt like i needed a little structure so i invested in P90X and started a few days ago. I'm hoping i can get over this initial shock of muscle soreness and endure the pain and continue consistently! Never counted calories before now so that is new. I'm a bit unstable it seems and am happy to find some online friends here for support and encouragement, so don't be shy (: Oh ps I cook healthy food for a living, (ironic i know) and love to eat so i can share recipe ideas with anyone here who likes to cook. Plus i love hearing other people's ideas! Also, anyone who is new to P90X and needs to lose a lot (50 lbs-70 lbs. ) of weight steadily, would love to hear from you as well. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! it's amazing once you start watching your calories you start making smarter choices.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    Welcome to the site, Elena. I hope you find it useful -- I know I do. I'm sending you a friend request, and we can help out each other. And I'm always on the lookout for recipes, healthy or not. :tongue:
  • ElenaRenee
    Options
    Hello there! Thanks for saying hi. Love meeting new people and everyone seems to have such interesting stories. I love all of the positivity. See you all around (:
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Aw i'm so proud of you! =)