HELP WITH RICE

Options
Ok im confused i weighed out 100g of rice and uncooked it said it was 330 calories, i boiled in just water weighed it and it was 250g now which i expected. But when i put it in here as cooked it jumped to 900 calories does this sound right?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hmm no. I'm not sure what kind of entry you are using for cooked rice, but it should be pretty similar. I'd just use your uncooked entry.
  • barton6435
    barton6435 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thats what i was thinking, as the cooked entry works out the same as uncooked if i just put 100g, So i just put 100g cooked. Thought i was being stupid LOL.

Was worried i'd have to starve for rest of the day
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thats what i was thinking, as the cooked entry works out the same as uncooked if i just put 100g, So i just put 100g cooked. Thought i was being stupid LOL.

Was worried i'd have to starve for rest of the day

That's not accurate. You need to either use 250g cooked, or 100g raw. Use the entry that doesn't have a * in the front, it's from MFP's datebase and will be the most accurate.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Look on the bag and see what the prepared calorie amount is. Then enter it as a quick calorie instead of searching for the correct amount.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Look on the bag and see what the prepared calorie amount is. Then enter it as a quick calorie instead of searching for the correct amount.

No, don't do that. It throws off your macro by not logging carbs. The caloric value of the rice won't change whether it is dry or swollen with water from cooking. Try what FrancI27 said. 100g dry or 250g cooked.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options

No, don't do that. It throws off your macro by not logging carbs. The caloric value of the rice won't change whether it is dry or swollen with water from cooking. Try what FrancI27 said. 100g dry or 250g cooked.

If he's only looking at calorie amount, then it doesn't matter. Some people don't look at macros.