Any Las Vegas people here?

Options
Hi, my name is Margie. I'm trying to lose 83 lbs before Oct. 2011.
Most of my friends work on the weekends, and I would like to find a work out buddy or buddies to go to yoga or go hiking or what ever!
I'm a member of 24 hour fitness, I currently do yoga and belly dancing, but I'm open to what ever gets us moving.

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i live here in las vegas---but am tied down with 3 kids. however, you should check out meetup.com. there are LOTS of outdoors groups that have regular hikes, bikes, etc. good luck!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    From Las Vegas, now living in Oregon. Will be in LV for Thnxgive tho! BOOYAH!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello, here in the Sin City. I am a member at LVAC, but maybe we can arrange some outdoor activity to meet up? Are you doing the Santa Run? I would love to, but my son has a soccer tourney that weekend ( I try not to miss his games).

BTW, my name is Brenda.
  • paulso14
    paulso14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    From Las Vegas, now living in Oregon. Will be in LV for Thnxgive tho! BOOYAH!

How funny! I lived in Oregon and have been living in Las Vegas for the last 3 years going to school! : D
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi Margie (and other Las Vegas people)! :flowerforyou: You have no idea how many times I thought of starting a thread like this, but was to shy to do so. :laugh: So, thanks for starting the thread!

I'm Mande -- I'm 30, married (no kids yet -- unless you count the 4-legged furry variety) been living in LV for 5 years now (moved here for school), not currently employed but sorta looking (if the right thing comes along) and otherwise just trying to get healthy and love life.

I'm a member of LVAC -- I typically use the South Eastern location. I just started going again after not having a car for about 3 months. I like the Step classes, BodyPump and BodySculpt, yoga, and the treadmill or elliptical. I've done a bit of belly dancing, and it's enjoyable, but I'm not exactly a coordinated person. :laugh: I've discovered I actually like jogging/running, though I don't have a lot of stamina for it, yet. I've not done a lot of hiking, but it's something I've always wanted to get into.

In the last year I've lost about 40 lbs (from last December through this June, really) then stalled out (not exercising as regularly as I need to, being really lax in my diet) and I have another 30-50 lbs to go.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Vegas for 5 years...I miss it there. :ohwell:
  • maidsheila
    Options
    Just joined the message board today. I live in Vegas. Not a member of any of the clubs. I get my exercise by walking my 2 dogs and doing the Wii. I just recently got Biggest Loser for the Wii. I have not been to motivated lately but I am back with it as of this morning. Even walked the dogs in 50 mile an hour winds. Good Luck pplz.