Strapless Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    What are your purposes for continuous wear? Just to track daily activity? Maybe you are looking for something more like a fitbit or a loop? Those are continuous wear. If a daily activity tracker is what you want get one of those but they don't give you information on specific workouts (ie: you regular weight training or cardio) if you want to track specific workouts you would need a separate HRM for that.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT 7 and love it! However, it does have the chest strap. I'm with the several others that say that the comfort isn't that bad and I also tend to forget that I have it on until I go to change my clothes. I've never had issues with chaffing. It shouldn't move so if it is you need to tighten the band.
  • jemmer74
    jemmer74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and absolutely love it now, at first it took a few times to get acclimated to the feeling of it but now I notice my actual bra much more than the chest strap being there. As in earlier posts by others I too sometimes forget to even remove it. No issues with chafing and I use it for almost every workout. It is in my opinion so much more accurate than any readings the machines give you as they either over/under estimate calories burnt almost every time. It also keeps me in line in my workouts by letting me know im not working hard enough and rarely too hard :) I have also GOOGLED the strapless because WOW who wouldn't want to just throw on an armband and go but the accuracy isn't even close to what I would be comfortable with. Polar does seem to be a very good brand for HRM's as well as that's the technology utilized on most equipment with built in HRM. All of this is IMO of course :)
  • meaganmna
    Options
    I wear a Garmin Forerunner 210 with the heart rate monitor chest strap. I got some pretty bad chaffing with it when I wore it two summers ago (it slides around with sweat), but I found that Body Glide under the strap works really well and what works even better is strips of athletic tape where you chafe. The heart rate monitor chest strap is the way to go for accuracy!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    mio alpha

It's the only strapless one (that I'm aware of) that has received a positive review from DCRainmaker.......

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/02/monitor-bluetooth-smartant.html
  • kobilakes
    Options
    People....i've checked the continuous strapless HRMs out and there are only 2 good choices. One is the MIO Alpha which is worn on the wrist, can bluetooth connect to smartphone training apps but it expensive. The other is the ePulse2 which is worn on the forearm, does not have connectivity but includes a calorimeter and figures our your training zone.

That's the choice and yes no matter how accurate the manufacturers say they are, they are probably not as accurate as chest straps but they are not way off and that's the choice you make.

http://kobisknees.com/best-strapless-heart-rate-monitor-watch/ #bcshrmw
  • kjpanno
    kjpanno Posts: 1
    Options
    I too am in the market for a continuous strapless heart rate monitor. I have worn the polar F6 for years and it leaves major chaffing on my back so bad that it hurts to get it wet in the shower. I have not found a strapless HRM = to that of a chest strap so I went to the fabric store purchased some soft thick fleece and made a cover for my strap. Works great and its washable. I don't have to deal with athletic tape that also leaves marks. Hope this helps. But wishing for someone to develop a great strapless someday.