Weakness Foods

Options
What are people's "weakness" foods, i.e. those once you start to eat, you just can't stop? I have worked on portion control and have gotten better, except for one special food that haunts me...CHEESE. Any kind of cheese, you name it, I love it! BUT especially string cheese. There is no effort involved. You don't need a plate, a knife or a cracker. Just peel open the plastic and go at it. I can have one right after another and never get sick of them or full. I've read that cheese also has opiate-like effects.

Anyway, curious to hear what other people's addictive foods are and maybe hear from some fellow cheeseheads!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's changed for me. It used to be cheese too, chocolate, cookies, chips, bread (the good fresh kind). Now surprisingly I am pretty good with cheese, the others I still very much try to limit or I eat the whole thing... but I'm working on it.
  • GBPackerFan14
    GBPackerFan14 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow cheesehead,since I'm from Wisconsin but I would have to say my worst are sweets. Sugary Cereals, Ice Cream, Cookies, Chocolate and Peanut Butter..
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter...and cereal.....
  • meljane28
    Options
    There is definitely a trend of sweets!
  • meljane28
    Options
    It's changed for me. It used to be cheese too, chocolate, cookies, chips, bread (the good fresh kind). Now surprisingly I am pretty good with cheese, the others I still very much try to limit or I eat the whole thing... but I'm working on it.
    Wow Francl27, I looked at your profile and you have already come a long way! Amazing job! That is great.
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Anything with sugar makes me lose track of the moment and get lost in the pleasure of eating until I'm either sick or out of the food. The foods that are exceptionally hard for me to stop eating are ice cream, cookies and candy. The sugar takes over and I feel so powerless. I've been avoiding sugar except in controlled situations such as ordering a dessert with a friend at a restaurant or buying a single piece of chocolate, etc.

I'm working to get better at being self aware and in control when I eat these foods, but as of right now I'm erring on the side of caution and doing my best to avoid sugar except in responsible situations.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow Francl27, I looked at your profile and you have already come a long way! Amazing job! That is great.

Thanks! If it's any help, I still have mini binges...