Friends

Options
Please? lol

I'm 38 with 2 kiddos. My husband works out of town alot, so living single without the fun :laugh:
I live in Oklahoma, Dr. Who freak, general sci-fi fanatic. I work tech support in a call center.
And I struggle, daily.
Ok, maybe not daily anymore, it's getting better. About 2 weeks since I got serious again. Quit Dr Pepper, which was the hardest part. I haven't yet started exercising, still trying to figure out where to fit it in.
I have no plans to go all paleo, or all natural, or cook it all myself, just don't have time right now. I feel it's important for me to get healthy eating things I enjoy. Not just for myself, but because my kids are watching, all the time, my every move. This morning they joined me for my Fiber One bar, they love em, and I have to fight them off of my protein shakes. I really want to give them some positive things to mimic, and that does not include stressing over any of this.
So, I am not gonna stress, and need friends that can help snap me out of bad habits and encourage my attempts at teaching my kids with my actions.

Replies

• Kramer2005
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you would like. I am still kind of new as well. I have on toddler that keeps me plenty busy so I'm in the same boat as food as well. I want healthy but easy.
  • kellaro4
    kellaro4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean by this can be difficult alone. My husband is not looking to log everything into fit pal and has tried a few times to exercise with me only to flare up his back injury so it puts me in the by myself category. I like sci fi :) although not a huge dr. Who follower. More like LOTR, Star wars and Sherlock fandom really. Don't have kiddos to keep me motivated but I do see a lot of people at work suffering so much from their unhealthy lifestyles I think I've been scared straight lol.
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Shoot my husband is the one that brings home cake mixes that I'm expected to cook for everyone to take one slice and leave it on my stove. But that's OK, he is gone for at least a month, so I have time to get into my groove.
    I keep wanting to start Sherlock, I keep hearing great things about it, but every time I decide to turn it on, there's a new Supernatural! Or walking dead, Or I just have to watch some Firefly or BSG ~ talk about some 1st world problems!

Time to go make some dinner~ gonna do some baked chicken, taters, and carrots