Back to old weight but clothes don't fit?

Options
Why is it that I'm at a previous weight but the clothes I wore then are still too tight. Anybody else having this problem?

Replies

• lordofultima
    Options
    You probably have more fat on your body now then you did the last time you were at this weight. You might have lost weight too fast, and as a result lost muscle mass as well as fat, and find that your clothes don't fit correctly at the target weight as they have in the past.
  • thecrimsonking1319
    Options
    You probably have more fat on your body now then you did the last time you were at this weight. You might have lost weight too fast, and as a result lost muscle mass as well as fat, and find that your clothes don't fit correctly at the target weight as they have in the past.

That makes sense. I've lost 62 pounds in 6 months. Thanks!
  • songbird121
    Options
    How long has it been since you were last at your current weight? I looked at your profile and it says your are in your early 20's and that you are a mom. If you were last at your current weight several years ago you may have had a redistribution of your body weight the fact that at certain age ranges our bodies change a little. Or if it was before pregnancy that can also cause body shape changes. Even people who weigh the same weight often notice a sort of redistribution at certain points in their lives. I had this happen in college. I still weighed the same at the end as I did at the beginning and I was at a similar level of activity and muscle mass but I noticed that my shape had changed somewhat. My hips and legs were not as skinny as they had been, and certain styles of clothes no longer sat as well on my frame. It is not an uncommon thing. So this might make a difference. And the previous poster's comment may also play into it. If you had more muscle then, you might have had less inches. That is why it is a good idea to track not only lbs but inches. I often notice that my clothes fit differently, but my actual weight never changes. For example, in the winter things get tighter because I don't play as many sports when the weather is cold. So I lose muscle mass and gain fat, so the overall lbs don't change but my size does. Hope this helps!
  • thecrimsonking1319
    Options
    How long has it been since you were last at your current weight? I looked at your profile and it says your are in your early 20's and that you are a mom. If you were last at your current weight several years ago you may have had a redistribution of your body weight the fact that at certain age ranges our bodies change a little. Or if it was before pregnancy that can also cause body shape changes. Even people who weigh the same weight often notice a sort of redistribution at certain points in their lives. I had this happen in college. I still weighed the same at the end as I did at the beginning and I was at a similar level of activity and muscle mass but I noticed that my shape had changed somewhat. My hips and legs were not as skinny as they had been, and certain styles of clothes no longer sat as well on my frame. It is not an uncommon thing. So this might make a difference. And the previous poster's comment may also play into it. If you had more muscle then, you might have had less inches. That is why it is a good idea to track not only lbs but inches. I often notice that my clothes fit differently, but my actual weight never changes. For example, in the winter things get tighter because I don't play as many sports when the weather is cold. So I lose muscle mass and gain fat, so the overall lbs don't change but my size does. Hope this helps!

These are pre-pregnancy clothes. Unfortunately pregnancy wrecks waist and bust size. Other than that arms/legs are the same size. It's just the middle!