Hvae you lost weight just going on the treadmill?

Options
2»

Replies

• beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Back in college I did interval walking/running. 4 minute walking, 2 minute running/jogging... those intervals for 30-45 minutes to start. As your body adjusts, you can start adding in inclines and time.

Though, I should probably take my own advice, my college self is yelling at me from 2009.
  • maryc91
    maryc91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you do this every day or just 3-4 times per week?
  • sneaks
    sneaks Posts: 19
    Options
    I walk up and down a very muddy hill twice a day in heavy wellies which takes about 90 mins per day of walking. Often in the rain. Always with my dog. I'm losing weight. I can't run due to back issues and can't do anything other than swimming which I hate. I like to think balancing in the mud strengthens my core and the heavy boots are like a weights session on my legs (!) I realise this is not exactly exercise though!
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    in 2010/2011 I lost alot of weight just using treadmill maybe my first 20 pounds....but I didnt like the outcome I was flat! I suggest you use it at some type of incline at all times!
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It is possible and is a good form of exercise as it works some of the larger muscles however, once you get closer to your goal I would suggest incorporating some other exercises to improve your appearance ideally resistance exercises.
  • motherhen220
    motherhen220 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree. Walking for a while to build up your stamina, but then I found I needed to do intervals (alternating slow & fast) to see weight come off.