Compression gear vs loose gear

Options
2»

Replies

• maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Compression gear. I don't like my flab bouncing around...and I still have flab. Sigh.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in tighter gear. Usually 3/4 length compression pants (love Old Navy active wear) and a long tank that isn't going to end up around my ears if we have to do handstand push-ups or something that day.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What do people wear while working out?

When I'm riding my bike, tight bike shorts. When I swim, lycra jammers.

Everything else like lifting and rock climbing, I go with some decently loose stuff.
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is gross but I wear compression otherwise I think I hear people clapping for me while I run when it's really just my loose belly smacking against my body. I wear a normal tee shirt over the compression shirt
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Tight for me. I'm very clumsy, and I trip all over myself and loose clothes when I'm doing my workouts otherwise. Even yoga pants. But my carpet is also itchy, so naked or minimal clothing is out. Usually it's stretch pants and a thin tee.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Loose. Don't have the body type for the other. Not into tight fitting clothes anyway.
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have just started wearing compression pants and love them. I run in them and also train my endurance horse wearing them - abit slippery in the saddle but they make a big difference on a long ride :)

I usually wear a tight ish top too as I can't stand clothing flapping about.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    compression underwear is pretty much under my work out shorts/pants at all times.

unless i'm cycling, and then i'm just wearing cycling shorts. i don't care if i'm mountain biking with friends. i'm wearing those tight shorts and i'm sooooo comfortable.

also, notice how i called them compression underwear? yeah, thats right fellas, you wear them under your pants. i don't want to see people lifting or running in just those things.

there is a rule- always two layers of fabric between the outside world, and your twig and berries.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    ^two layers as above.

Long johns + trackies in winter

Compression+board shorts in summer.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    It's the dead of winter and i run outside. I like my clothes to be as tight as possible to keep the cold air out.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.

Speaking of winter running, I need to find a way to keep my feet warm while running in 5 finger shoes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Speaking of winter running, I need to find a way to keep my feet warm while running in 5 finger shoes.

Five finger socks
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I wear mid-thigh length or longer spandex shorts. Not neccesarily compression. I am pear shaped - the big hips, large booty and thunder thighs. I need longer shorts due to thigh rub and tight to prevent from ride-up.

For top, I usually go with somewhat loose, but not baggy.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Five finger socks

I wear them, but in temps below 20, the socks are not enough.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Five finger socks

I wear them, but in temps below 20, the socks are not enough.

I wear a pair of New Balance Minimus shoes in the winter. Much easier since they don't have the toes to get multiple socks on :)
  • jimboburgess
    Options
    I bike and go to a climbing gym. Tight clothing is better for both. No worries of getting a pant leg stuck in my gears or my shorts bunching up in my belt. I actually wear skinny/stretch pants for climbing it has save my knees from many abrasive walls.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ladies, if you have tried the Old Navy compression tops, what do you think of them? What about the C9 tops with built-in bras at Target? I am looking for support but more than a typical shelf bra and I would like to avoid the uni-b00b.