Just turned 40 and tired of being fat!!!

Options
tn9072
tn9072 Posts: 10 Member
Hey guys!!! I've been a mfp for a while, I've had my ups & downs. I turned 40 last week, and it slapped me in the face! How could I be 40 and still be overweight?? I promised myself a few years ago I would have the weight off by now, but I didn't. So now time to deal with reality. I'm looking for new friends to help motivate, support & encourage me along the way. Feel free to add me & lets get this weight off once & for all. The truth is under these 90 pounds I wanna lose .....I'm SUPER cute :)

Replies

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Greetings. I'll be 42 in 2 months' time and I'm right there with you. I have about 97 left to go myself, but I'm determined to get there. Already lost 100, so what's another 97, right? :)

We can do this!

Add me if you like. I'm brand new myself, just found this place on Sunday.
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 39 but turning 40 this year. I have about 75 pounds to lose. I am tried of being overweight but I know that I am the reason and it will take time for me to develop healthy habits. Good luck and keep a postive attitude. That is what I am telling myself.
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I too turned 40 last October. I have around 70 to loose. I had went to WW from aug til nov of last year did good for about two months. I lost 14.4 lbs then i fell off the wagon and really never got back on it. I havent weighed sure i have gained it all back or close to it. But i so desire to loose. However i am struggling to get in that right frame of mind again. I still log on here daily yet i have not been faithful at it as i was at one time. Feel free to add me mayb we cud encourage one another.
  • jennybauer
    Options
    42 here and just started this journey. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other. My first goal is 50 lbs, then I will aim for another 40 lb.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 but always looking for more MFP friends!
  • weikle5
    Options
    I'm getting ready to turn 42 also. My babies will be graduating from HS at the end of May. I want to feel self confident at their graduation and as of right now I DONT. I'm looking for new MFP friends for encouragement. I would like to loose 30 more pounds. Hints and Tips would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • adzovi2009
    adzovi2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ahhhh!!! I just turned 41 and for the last 20 years obsessed about being fat and/or losing weight. I really just want to be a healthy size for me. I'm 5/4 and weigh 152...I'd like to be down to 135 by April...that's 17 lbs. I could really use the support
  • Shoregirl72
    Shoregirl72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just turned 41...have a 2.5 year old boy at home and I am tired of being overweight. I started gaining weight in my late twenties and have been up and down since. I am at an all time high..but hey, that is why I am here ready to lose 100 lbs!! . I will set small goals first. But good luck to us all and I know we can do it!
    :happy:
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I just turned 42 last week. Age is just a number after all! You can reach your goals. Feel free to add me.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 last week. I have been working on major weight loss for a while, but I have another 30-40 to go. Would love to offer support!