Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

can Jillian Michaels 30DS help me? (pic)

ok so i want a flat belly, and just got the 30 Day shred, so i was wondering if anyone thinks it may help me get that. it has cardio.strength, and abs.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/malucamenina88/4e2c4d6f-3274-4ac1-a71a-121479002ef4_zpsf01b5352.jpg

Replies

• wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    I think it will but I am cautious about doing too much exercise before really dropping some pounds first as I don't want to build muscle.
    I have 30 day shred and have hear alot of people saying they didn't lose anything by doing it w think my new approach is going to be to really control my food and calorie intake and cut down on carbs for a few weeks with perhaps just a few workouts in that time - then when i've lost a fair amount of weight then start going hard with the fitness dvd.

Not sure what anyone else thinks? It is one of those things that confuse me and there seems to be contradicting advice about whether or not to exercise lots while trying to lose weight
  • weebee05
    weebee05 Posts: 22 Member
    interested in answers. I am too trying to get rid of belly.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach?hl=so+you+want+a+nice+stomach

A flat midsection comes from:

Moderate Caloric Deficit + Work (cardio and strength/compound) and Patience.

You can generally end up with a flat midsection with just 1 and 3, but most are happier with their results when all 3 are incorporated.

You can't spot reduce, your body will burn fat from wherever it wants no matter the exercise, and the midsection is usually the last place. You can do 10,000 planks a day, but if your body wants to burn from other places on the body it will.....and usually does.
  • I think it will but I am cautious about doing too much exercise before really dropping some pounds first as I don't want to build muscle.
    I have 30 day shred and have hear alot of people saying they didn't lose anything by doing it w think my new approach is going to be to really control my food and calorie intake and cut down on carbs for a few weeks with perhaps just a few workouts in that time - then when i've lost a fair amount of weight then start going hard with the fitness dvd.

Not sure what anyone else thinks? It is one of those things that confuse me and there seems to be contradicting advice about whether or not to exercise lots while trying to lose weight

You won't build muscle in a calorie deficit. It's impossible.
    I am currently in Level 2 of 30DS and it's definitely a great workout, but intense. In order to lose weight, you need to be in a calorie deficit. You will lose weight in a deficit regardless of whether you work out or not. Exercise speeds up the weight loss process. If you'd like to lose a little weight before doing 30DS, by all means, do that.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    30DS will as least get you moving, you will not build any muscle on it as it's pretty much light weights and higher reps, its "strength" really is very limited. But its fun, and you can do it at home, and it's a good place to start for a newbie. If you eat as a deficit, you have the potential to lose a little weight, and fat and inches with this program...how much will depends on how hard you push and how often you do it, as well as your diet of course.

Building muscle takes a lot more work than 30DS, as well controlled eating (bulking and cutting cycles)
  • carrysa
    carrysa Posts: 119 Member
    yes!! it will help you tremendously....i am in process of doing the 30 day shred and I have tons of people asking me what i am doing to get in shape. Really just combining strength training with cardio will be beneficial to losing weight and also toning! But honestly it's all in your diet...you can exercise as much as you want but if you have a horrible diet I doubt you will lose as much as you want or very little. Just get some exercise and eat healthy! the key is eating healthy and drinking lots of water! You can do it!...I've always had a tummy that looks prego and IVE NEVER HAD A KID OR BEEN PREGNANT!!!...so thats always been a troublesome spot for me..but I can tell I am losing it...I wish I had pictures but I don't :s Good luck you can do it!
  • ok so i want a flat belly, and just got the 30 Day shred, so i was wondering if anyone thinks it may help me get that. it has cardio.strength, and abs.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/malucamenina88/4e2c4d6f-3274-4ac1-a71a-121479002ef4_zpsf01b5352.jpg

You can't spot reduce, so when you lose weight, it's going to come from all over your body rather than one specific area. Generally you will lose inches everywhere.
    Exercise is wonderful, but your diet is most important.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    I finished the 30DS last week and dropped 8 lbs and almost 7 inches...it will help you!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    if i were you id focus more on strength training such as heaving lifting, nrolfw is a great book to get you started:)
  • RGv2
    30DS will as least get you moving, you will not build any muscle on it as it's pretty much light weights and higher reps, its "strength" really is very limited. But its fun, and you can do it at home, and it's a good place to start for a newbie. If you eat as a deficit, you have the potential to lose a little weight, and fat and inches with this program...how much will depends on how hard you push and how often you do it, as well as your diet of course.

Building muscle takes a lot more work than 30DS, as well controlled eating (bulking and cutting cycles)

^^^This and to add to the person worried about building muscle...

Building muscle is EXTREMELY difficult, and as difficult as it is for men, it's that much more for women due to the lowered testosterone levels. One thing you don't need to worry about when it comes to exercise as a female is building muscle, double especially if you're working on running a deficit.(outside of the outliers of course....noob gains, morbidly obese, etc..)
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Another reply.... but... losing weight BEFORE adding in exercise is a bad idea. Here's a little something to get you started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Stop the madness!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    The 30DS will be beneficial for you if it challenges your body.

If you are already doing more intense workouts with heavier weights, it will not be very helpful.
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Different things work for different people, so I'll put that disclaimer up first. That being said, I did a few rounds of 30 Day Shred and lost around 50lbs! Granted, I had way more to lose than you seem to, but I think it would be worth a shot. Now, if you're after a more "toned" look (which I'm guessing you are, since it doesn't appear like you have much, if any, weight to lose) 30DS is a decent start, but it might be a good idea to research strength training. From what I understand, strength training can really speed up results in the "toning" department.
  • wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for those that responded to my post about building muscle - i am a newbie and pretty clueless but you hear things and one of those myths is building muscle and a few other comments about concentrating more on food than exercise.

So from your comments I will continue with 30 day shred and treadmill and also reducing the amount i eat to 1300 cals per day max and generally eating healthier foods
  • RGv2
    Thanks for those that responded to my post about building muscle - i am a newbie and pretty clueless but you hear things and one of those myths is building muscle and a few other comments about concentrating more on food than exercise.

So from your comments I will continue with 30 day shred and treadmill and also reducing the amount i eat to 1300 cals per day max and generally eating healthier foods

Um.....1300 net, correct?
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    bump