New to P90X

Options
Started P90X for the first time on November 15, 2010. Is there any new comers to the program or any P90X grads with any helpful info I may need to know about? When did you see weight loss not inches but actual weight loss? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hi there! There is a group of us that started on Nov. 1st and we have a thread going, come join us!

I actually started to see a loss right away, but it was COMPLETELY unexpected. Most peeps said not to expect it for the first month. They said the second month was when it would really start to come off. My weight loss is slow no matter what I do, so that may or may not happen for me.
  • AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok Cool, I will look up the Thread...what is the name of it?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kaffro! I went looking for the link and got sidetracked! :blushing:
  • AmberBelandria
    AmberBelandria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks Yall....I found it and replied to it. I love this site its so helpful
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kaffro! I went looking for the link and got sidetracked! :blushing:

No worries :) That happens to me all the time :laugh:
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks Yall....I found it and replied to it. I love this site its so helpful

Whoo hoo! This site is very helpful, I totally agree!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was quite overweight when I started my first round of P90X. In addition, my exercise wasn't very consistent and my nutrition was horrible. So, I started seeing weight loss on the scale almost immediately. I think I lost 10 or 12 pounds in the first month alone. I ended up losing 20 pounds in the first 90 day round, and while I did lose inches, I didn't actually start losing pants sizes until my 2nd round (I think I went from being able to wear a big 16 to being able to wear SOME 14s). In those 2nd and 3rd rounds, though, I lost less weight, but I physically became MUCH smaller, resulting in a drop from those 14/16s to a size 10 pant.

The thing is, everybody is different, so it's difficult to predict how and when you will start to see changes. Many see it right away, others don't see much until the 3rd month.

While the exercise is a key ingredient, to be honest, the nutrition is what is going to get you your results. You MUST eat clean...ditch all processed items and try to eat as naturally and healthfully as you can. Also, you can't starve yourself on P90X. While I agree that many of the caloric guidelines are a smidge too high for women (I was supposed to eat 2400 calories/day...I found that my 'magic number' was 2000), it depends on the woman. That said, you HAVE to fuel your body, otherwise you'll sabotage your results.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    While the exercise is a key ingredient, to be honest, the nutrition is what is going to get you your results. You MUST eat clean...ditch all processed items and try to eat as naturally and healthfully as you can. Also, you can't starve yourself on P90X. While I agree that many of the caloric guidelines are a smidge too high for women (I was supposed to eat 2400 calories/day...I found that my 'magic number' was 2000), it depends on the woman. That said, you HAVE to fuel your body, otherwise you'll sabotage your results.

Totally agree. Most people do not put enough emphasis on their food intake which is why they may not see the results that others do. It was sooo hard for me to learn this, cause I was eating pizza, Burger King, entire bags of Cheetos, etc. before P90X and I didn't want to eat a bunch of "rabbit food" to lose weight. But I learned how to cook (which I must say was adventurous) and now I love cooking healthy meals. I have noticed even recently that when I eat "bad" stuff, even if I am under my calorie goal, I don't lose as much weight. I know that it's calories in vs. calories out, but then again, when we sit down and think about it, we need to account for what those calories are doing as soon as we ingest them! 100 calories of crackers or cookies look great in the package cause of the low cal number, but 100 calories of fruit and cheese will help to give us energy, reduce fat stores, repair torn muscles, etc. Those cookies will just make us fat and feel "guilty" later on.

That being said, back when I started P90X in 2007, I didn't lose much weight. The inches were falling off of me though. That first 90 days I lost dress sizes immediately. When I re-did P90X at the beginning of 2008, I lost 10 pounds in the first month, and even more after than to get down to 128 before I finished the second month. (That's also when I made that video for Beachbody, don't know if you remember that...I was going to re-post it on FB but didn't know if it was against any rules here).

So basically, you will lose weight no matter what. Just hang in there and make sure you are eating right. Some people see immediate pounds lost, some people see the reverse with no weight loss but inches lost. It depends on where you are starting from. Everybody is different, but remember that there are ways to account for your loss no matter what's happening. :flowerforyou: