sorry guys but are you having this same problem?

Options
my little rant for the day sorry guys but are you having this same problem? I go to the gym Monday like always and now it is "taken over" by all the new year people!!! Dont get me wrong I am all for anyone who wants to better themselves but geez have a little respect when you start. There is a 30 Min time limit on Machines for a reason and there is paper towels and sanatizer to clean each machine after you use it! So tired of cutting my workout short because of these people!! The gym owners say it usually lasts until about March I just hope I dotn end up in jail before then for strangling one of them! Thank you for listening and everyone have a great day lol

Replies

• ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the annoyance with the crowding, but remember that people who aren't in the gym regularly don't always know the unspoken rules and etiquette. They'll pick up on it. In the meantime, try to be positive - these are people who are also trying to better themselves! Set a good example by following gym etiquette. Newbies follow people who look like they know what they're doing - they'll catch on eventually.(:
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could mention to the gym owners that need to do a gym etiquette pamphlet to give out to all the newbies? I never got one and it took me at least 6 months to work out where everything was and how to use it especially in the weights room. There were plenty of times I did a fitness class and had no idea what to do so just copied the ladies in front who had been doing it for years.

It would certainly make life easier for everyone. (March isn't far away!)