Quitting Smoking Resolutioners? How's it Going?

Options
Who put "quitting smoking" on the top of their NY Resolution list for 2014?

I had my last cigarette in the morning on Jan 1 and so far so good...4 weeks down and approximately $208.00 saved (wow!)!

Like most that quit, this isn't my first attempt...I think it's probably my 450th or something. :wink: What's working for me this time is the patch and not really 'acknowledging' it; i.e. I'm not checking off days on a calender and I'm not logging into an app that counts the days/money saved, etc. This time around, I'm finding that "forgetting" quitting as much as possible rather than focusing on it everyday helps a lot. In fact, I just shared my news with my FL today...I figured I would keep it a secret until I had some considerable "not smoking" time on the books.

Now...on to month 2! :drinker:

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you - that can be a hard thing to do. I am 7 years smoke free and don't miss it at all.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well done lady!

I havent had one since new years eve, feeling pretty good! :)
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I quit as well, 3 weeks ago! So far so good, I can't say it's exactly easy but I'm proud :)

Grats for you too! It's a great resolution to have! Keep it up!

:flowerforyou:
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It will be 5 months, next week. Congrats to you fellow former smokers!!!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Not a smoker, but just wanted to say congrats!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who quit! I just went over 5 years and as much as I loved smoking, I am so happy I did it!
  • zootiesgroove
    Options
    I have been smoking on and off for 25 years. I smoked 2 packs/day at most and quit for a few years in between. Within the last few years, I picked it up as a social thing, usually bumming a smoke when out drinking.. then I started buying packs again, but would smoke maybe a pack a week or so.

I was introduced to the e-cigs (not Blu but one that you can refill with whatever e-juice you want). I found that the flavors never matched the taste of real tobacco but having a "drag" of the fake stuff really helped. And I could buy whatever nicotine level I wanted, so I started with the strongest, then the next time I bought the one lower and lower until I finally bought the e-juice with no nicotine at all.

Ive found that I no longer crave cigarettes at all.. and as a matter of fact, Ive even stopped smoking the e-cigs, unless I'm at a party where there are a bunch of smokers, then it helps me from not bumming a real one.

I used a site called the vapor room for the kit and there's a bunch of places that sell the juice.

But it sounds like youre doing great on your own... so keep up the good work!
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have been smoking on and off for 25 years. I smoked 2 packs/day at most and quit for a few years in between. Within the last few years, I picked it up as a social thing, usually bumming a smoke when out drinking.. then I started buying packs again, but would smoke maybe a pack a week or so.

I was introduced to the e-cigs (not Blu but one that you can refill with whatever e-juice you want). I found that the flavors never matched the taste of real tobacco but having a "drag" of the fake stuff really helped. And I could buy whatever nicotine level I wanted, so I started with the strongest, then the next time I bought the one lower and lower until I finally bought the e-juice with no nicotine at all.

Ive found that I no longer crave cigarettes at all.. and as a matter of fact, Ive even stopped smoking the e-cigs, unless I'm at a party where there are a bunch of smokers, then it helps me from not bumming a real one.

I used a site called the vapor room for the kit and there's a bunch of places that sell the juice.

But it sounds like youre doing great on your own... so keep up the good work!

I started vaping a few weeks ago, and love it. Haven't touched a smoke since.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! Same here been smoke free since jan 1st and I super proud of myself! Even though a good bit of my friends smoke I haven't picked one up!
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    4 weeks here. Read the book Easyway and just quit. Easy peasey.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    One week, switched to e-cig. Haven't really craved going outside for a real one, I'm sure the below zero weather is helping me along.