Protein powder!!

Options

Replies

• nbpohl
    nbpohl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HAMMER NUTRITION makes delicious Whey that is HEALTHY, & has several flavor options. Hammer is known for their healthy products that are geared toward athletes. Started using them when did my first Ironman & have stayed with this product ever since. (tried a few others but they are all loaded w/artificial colors, flavors, sweetners, etc. If I can't pronounce it, & it's a chemical I don't eat it) Try them out--you'll REALLY like this product
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor!

My ticker agrees!
  • daniicaliforniaa93
    Options
    I use EAS Soy Protein in Chocolate flavor mixed with water or soymilk, whichever I'm feeling that day, and add 1 tbs of Maranatha No-Stir Creamy Almond Butter. It doesn't taste bad at all. I love it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've used Optimum Nutrition natural Vanilla (I don't like artificial sweeteners), it's pretty good. I really like Tera Whey, found that at my grocery store, it's organic... Price is steep though.
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. All the info is such a big help. Off to the store i go.. :)))..
  • kbprado
    kbprado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    +1 for Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey! I've only tried double rich chocolate though. I also like Sunwarrior. EAS Lean and Pure Protein taste funky to me. Good luck!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. All the info is such a big help. Off to the store i go.. :)))..

Most stores have samples. i would ask for some so you can try before you buy. And then price shop. You can generally find excellent prices on line versus the store. Good luck.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meaganorton123
    meaganorton123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard - I like the extreme milk chocolate. My favourite so far!!

Also have used Iso Femme Chocolate Temptation which I really like as well.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun flavor!

My ticker agrees!

Your ticker is a smart man and or woman
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bumping as they no longer make the kind that I loved :sad:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey in French Vanilla Creme. I like to add stuff to my shakes so vanilla is perfect for me. I put 1 rounded scoop, frozen fruit, and almond/coconut milk in a single-serv blender.
  • MissDana1105
    MissDana1105 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I drink About Time whey protein. It's supposed to be one of the cleanest ones out there. I think because of that is why I can take it. I generally gag on most whey proteins and can't get them down. No problem with this brand. Great flavors too. Birthday Cake is probably my favorite but the vanilla tastes just like a shake and the chocolate is great too.
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I like the Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey as well. My personal favorite the Cinnamon Graham Cracker, I also like the chocolate peanut butter but only if I add some PB2 and banana to it. The Syntha-6 powder is pretty good too. Also it may sound weird but I use Bariatric Fusion protein powder too. They have a lot of additional vitamins and nutrients etc which is great, but those I use with almond milk, greek yogurt, and ice and blend it together ( i love the mint chocolate ice cream flavor). I've also tried Synthrax Nectar. No good my friends, at least not the apple. Tastes like pepperjack cheese and feet :P yuck!
  • vidDa1989
    vidDa1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK or anywhere in europe actually I recomend the website myprotein.com, there whey is super good.

THIS!
    Since I'm not a professional athlete, I don't need isolates and expensive protein powders with BCAA's and other amino acids like ON Gold Whey. If I was in the US I'd probably drink that, but since i'm in Europe, I use Myprotein, it's excellent and cheap. :)
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Personally, I pick any protein powder without sucralose, sugar alcohols.

Garden of Life, Warrior Blend.

Tetris Whey unflavored.

Jay Robb's unflavored/natural egg protein.

Nutiva rice protein.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I also prefer something that's as natural as possible. I personally use Shakeology, but I am a huge fan of Vega Sport products as well. Vega Sport is all natural and very tasty!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I use Muscle pharm combat ( Costco has 9 $ off coupons) on 5-6 lb box. If I am using Protein powders to bake something.
    Betty Lou's protein powder to use in recipes which have Protien powder.
  • courtkizer
    courtkizer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is hand's down the best in my opinion. The vitamin's are 100% from vegetables. Each container comes with an independent lab verification report updated often.

This flavor is the best, I've tried them all. Use a bit of milk it works better than water. I've spent thousands on various powders, and meal replacements and this is the first one that immediately after taking I feel more mentally alert because of the vitamins.

I highly recommend it. Check out the amazon reviews. It's pretty expensive though:

Nature's Plus Spiru-Tein Shake Cherries Jubilee
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011FTB08/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've used a load of protein power before but the one that really works for me is Dynatize Elite. For me this is wonderful. I take a load of it around my resistance/HITT session but it seems to reduce the fatigue I feel the next day. I am sure there are others out there of similar content but I would recommend it highly.