Over 40 and trying to lose Weight

Options
Hello! I am 41 years old and looking to lose a total of 80 lbs within the next year. My short term goal is to lose 30 lbs by August at approximately 1-2 lbs per week. I am looking for women who are over 40 and are trying to lose weight. :( It is difficult to do it alone.

Replies

• toniistracking
    toniistracking Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! Wish I would have utilized this community last time I was on.......maybe I wouldn't have gained back some of the weight. Here for support if you need it :smile:
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 and trying to lose 75-80 pounds. First goal is to lose 45 to get under 200. So far I have lost five pounds. I log on several times every day.
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate and support each other. We can do this!
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and in the last 28 weeks I've lost 54 pounds, feel free to add me.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and looking to lose about 20 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. It is harder to lose the weight, but it can be done. I am over 60 and trying to lose weight. You can add me if you like. :smile: Under Community there is a section (Groups) where you can search for a group you can join for people over 40..
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    44 and feel free to add me, can't say it was easy and it took a long time. You can do this too!!!
  • MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • Rochester_mom
    Rochester_mom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 and it feels like my metabolism screeched to a halt. I have about 15 pounds to go. Feel free to add me!
  • mercedezkittykay
    Options
    I am also 40 and trying to loose weight, my present weight is 247 I am having terrible knee pain and sometimes unable to walk properly. I have decide to start my weight loss journey for 2014 just had a baby thats 10 months ago, and want to live to see her.
  • wittman01
    wittman01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hop on my bandwagon-Love to have ya as a friend!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. It took me a year and a half to lose 88 pounds. I gained back some of the weight last year and am now working to get back to my goal weight by March. It is definitely doable and feels great to accomplish. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello Beach Lioness,

Me too....

I am a 65 year old woman, who has a host of health issues due to my 5'3' frame trying to support 212 lbs. I have returned to MFP myself. I was here last year at this time, and had success. Then summer came, and a lot of outdoor events, and before I knew it I too had fallen off the wagon... I have returned, now in two weeks I am finding daily success in some of the things I am tracking, carbs, sugar, salt etc., as I get use to being back on this program. I am a show and tell person. If I can see what I am eating in print it is easier for me to make the changes that are required. Feel free to add me as a friend if you care to. Have a Blessed Day/Evening.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I've lost 64 since joining MFP (and another 15 before). I'd like to lose 50 more. Such a challenge, but slow and steady, right? Send along a request!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Getting friends and keeping in contact with like minded people really is the way to go. Link up with people and then keep communicating. You may find that you need to get a load of people as friends to get a few that will constantly communicate but this for me is why MFP works.

Good luck, I hope you hit your goals, they seem very achievable :-)
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! Family, work, friends, chores, on and on. 47 and losing weight.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. 40 lbs left to reach my goal weight. Add me if you like. :)
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I was 55 when I started on this journey in December 2012. My intention was to lose about 80 pounds. Life happened. My husband died. I had emergency surgery and I'm down over 100. Far beyond my goal, but I like it. YOU can do it. Slow and steady. I started out as a size 24. I'm in 10's now. I counted calories and worked out. I usually ride an exercise bike, but I didn't from December 11 until this week, due to a second surgery.

Hang in there!
  • tatebos
    tatebos Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please add me! 47 years old, it took me 8 months to lose 60 pounds. That was 2 years ago, and it is just as hard to keep it off, but it is worth the work!! The more support the better!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to lose 50-60 lbs. It is SO hard!!! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello! 42 here. making this the best journey it can be. I want 2 enjoy life...in a healthy way. not enjoy life..recklessly. so change is needed. 1 step at a time. 1 day at a time. good luck on everyone's journey. always need support. feel free 2 add.