I'm hungry every hour!!!

Options
i weigh 141, i'm 5"3, 23 years old . i am eating 1200 calories with currently little no no exercise. I am eating six small meals a day , but i can't stop being hungry .. i literally feel like i am STARVING . i'm also drinking a lot of water so i doubt it's tghat .. i dont know what to do .. i feel lightheaded even... this is what my meal plan is ...

Simply Orange - Orange Juice With Pineapple Pulp Free, 3.2 oz 44 cals
Hail Paul's - Egg Whites-100% Liquid Eggs Whites-all Whites, 6 tbsps 50 cals
Great Value - Turkey Breast, Fat Free Smoked, 1 slice 25 cals
Jose Madrid - Salsa X Hot, 1 tbsp 5 cals
Kraft - Three Cheese Blend (Monterey Jack, Colby, and Cheddar Cheeses With Cream Cheese), 1/10 cup 40
Lucerne - Egg, Large , 1 large egg (50g) 70

Lunch
Skinnytaste Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken - Shredded Chicken, 1 cup 295 cals
Kroger - California Style Vegetables (Frozen), 1 cup 40

Dinner
undecided... it'll consist of 392 calories though since that is my remaining calorie intake..

Snacks
Cottage Cheese - Simply Kraft - 4% Low Fat Cottage Cheese, 1/4 cup 55 Calories
Celery - Fresh, Raw, 1 stalks 4
Carrots - Raw, Baby, 10 Pieces - 85g - 3oz 35
Generic - Kroger Private Selection, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, 2 Tbs 60
Mc Donald's - Correct Info From Website- Nonfat Latte With Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup (Small) , 12 oz (small) 80

Totals 808 67 17 89 3,004 39
Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45 2,500 24
Remaining 392 98 23 -44 -504 -15

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am not judging your calorie intake or meal plan but one thing from my own experience: I am that type of person that either eats a big meal or nothing. Small frequent meals just make me more hungry and want to eat more, despite how many calories...
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be, love. You might just have to bite it and retrain yourself for a while. Up your protein.
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get hungry every hour and light headed when I eat low carb and no sugars.
    Can you incorporate healthy grains like Quinao, etc? That helped me.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think you should work with a nutritionist.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough food for anyone. My dog eats more than 1200 calories in a day.

Try eating one or two meals a day. When I eat a lot of small meals, I get hungrier. It's like opening the floodgates. As soon as I eat, I have to eat everything.
  • becsaboo
    Options
    I'm the same way when I eat 1200 calories, so I have to up it to 1440. I'm not starving at that level and I still lose weight, just not as quickly. You are more likely to crash your change in diet if you are hungry. Good luck!
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    me too, I was dying of hunger, felt hungry all the time and it was so distracting. Then I read a post about that same thing and one girl said she eats large meals no snacks and upped her calories, focusing on getting plenty of exercise. It seems to work I can go hours between each meal without being hungry now. Thank goodness, it was killing me. I have a lot more greens and fiber rich foods like celery in my meals and that may help too. Don't give up trying different suggestions. I did.
    Oh, I upped my calories from 1200 to 1575 now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You have almost 400 calories left on the table...frackin' eat something. I would also suggest that 1200 calories is pretty aggressive for someone like you...maybe just go with a more reasonable calorie goal for the amount of weight you need to lose.
  • terrahanne
    Options
    I used to fill that way before I started using MFP. I am also keeping my calorie count at 1200 but I don't eat small meals I make it large ones and a snack or two. I find it better to eat alot of vegetables so you can load up on them because they are low cal and protein.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your goal is 1200 calories but you don't meet it. 800 calories will leave almost anyone starving.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would also say to incoporate more grain, that are low in cal / sugar makes you more full for a longer tme, I also agree for myself that when I eat more smaller meals more frequently my brain just gets stuck on food and planning and makes me more hungry...make the meals bigger keeps your hunger sustained.
    I love over night oats of all flavors --apples cinnamon or banana and sugar free chocolate or just cinnamon spice or pumkin spice oatmeal - for breakfast check out pinterest for ideas
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I just entered your info into the calculator over on freedieting (which is a pretty solid calculator), and it gives a number of around 1,500 calories a day, if you include 3 days of light exercise a week. If you're not doing any exercise at all it still gives a number of 1,310 calories a day, which is higher than what you're doing now. You're not eating enough and you're going to burn out and fail at this, if you don't adjust.

eta: entered your info over at the TDEE calculator on fitness frog and with no exercise/20% reduction, it has you at 1,392 calories. Add 1-3 days light exercise and you get bumped up to around 1,600 calories.

If you can fit in a brisk walk 2-3 times a week it will really help you out :)