Not sure what's going on..

2»

Replies

• Thank you guys!! I feel a lot better. I felt so lost. I think my main problem was expecting so much.. My mom recently juiced for like 2 months and lost like 40 pounds. I guess I was expecting something like that.. I try to remind myself that I didn't gain it overnight so I'm not going to lose it overnight .But it feels so good to see those numbers going down on the scale. Now I've kinda got an idea on where to go from here. Again thanks everyone for all the support :)
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Thank you guys!! I feel a lot better. I felt so lost. I think my main problem was expecting so much.. My mom recently juiced for like 2 months and lost like 40 pounds. I guess I was expecting something like that.. I try to remind myself that I didn't gain it overnight so I'm not going to lose it overnight .But it feels so good to see those numbers going down on the scale. Now I've kinda got an idea on where to go from here. Again thanks everyone for all the support :)

Wait for a couple months after and see how much of that weight she gains back. Monitoring your intake is something that will help keep the weight off long term. Juicing might get it off fast, but at the end all you've really learned is to make tasty juice.

And seriously, if the 5-600 calories a day thing was correct, eat more. I've lost my 62 pounds eating 2200-1900 calories a day. I started off pretty heave (343 pounds), but that's just proof that you don't need to starve yourself to see results.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Is your diary accurate?

You are not eating enough. Not even close. You need to meeting the goal that MFP gives you.

Agree, you don't want to be trying to lose more than 2 lb per week and eating 50% or more of exercise burns back on top of the calorie limit MFP sets.

Don't starve yourself and remember slow steady weight loss gives you the best chance of keeping it of later :smile:
  • karissalaporte
    karissalaporte Posts: 1 Member
    I am also looking for some guidance. I started my journey on 1/5/14. As of 1/26, I had lost around 7lbs. I am 5’7”, eating around 1500 calories per day, and exercising 5x per week (mix of cardio and strength training). I did calculate my TDEE and suggested daily caloric intake which came in around 1700 and I felt that was a little too high. I do not feel hungry eating 1500 calories per day, but am having a hard time keeping my carb intake in check. I am curious to know if my progress is normal, or if I should see more/less weight coming off. I do understand the number on the scale is not the be all and end all of weight loss (it’s about how you look and feel) but it’s encouraging to see the number get lower! Any thoughts are appreciated.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    I am also looking for some guidance. I started my journey on 1/5/14. As of 1/26, I had lost around 7lbs. I am 5’7”, eating around 1500 calories per day, and exercising 5x per week (mix of cardio and strength training). I did calculate my TDEE and suggested daily caloric intake which came in around 1700 and I felt that was a little too high. I do not feel hungry eating 1500 calories per day, but am having a hard time keeping my carb intake in check. I am curious to know if my progress is normal, or if I should see more/less weight coming off. I do understand the number on the scale is not the be all and end all of weight loss (it’s about how you look and feel) but it’s encouraging to see the number get lower! Any thoughts are appreciated.

Normal is really anything under 8 pounds a month. Some people get higher, perhaps 10 pounds a month, but they're usually either severely overweight or eating way too low. Your loss rate is on the high end of just fine, so good job!