Christmas letters

gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I know this isn't a weight loss anything but i'm curious, what do you guys write in chrismas letters.

I dont want to write a whole letter because quite frankly i've had nothing exciting this year and the few things that have happened I do NOT want to talk about.

So what do i write? (please no generic "just write merry christmas" responses. I need actual ideas.)

Replies

• What I do is I use a system which is www.cardsfromhome.com, and I upload a picture of my family and I on the front of a card. One the inside I put a couple pictures, then on the other side I just say how the year has gone by so fast. I try to keep it short and sweet and to the point and say how I wish them a merry xmas and a happy new year!! Overall what I say is generic I just try to add pics and it takes away from being so general.
  • I use Walmart photo cards for our cards, and I take my own portraits of my kids and our dog. (2 kids, 1 dog.)

For our letter, it helps because I keep a blog. This year I went back through my blog each month, to kind of get an idea of what I talked about over the year. I had actually *forgotten* that the kids did tee ball and dance classes this summer, so it was nice that I had that written down.

I pick one highlight per family member, and basically expound upon it. Here's my letter, names changed:

Warmest Holiday Greetings!

We all hope that this card finds you and your loved ones warm, close, healthy and full of blissful joy.

It seems that 2010 has been the year of hustle and bustle for the Smith family! We've been told many times that these years with small children pass quickly, and we're learning that lesson day by day. The passing of time is teaching us to cherish one another, and we have made a special focus of teaching this to the kids, as well.

This year, Bob has finally attained first shift status! This was an opportunity that we feared would never be afforded, yet the opportunity came (in the form of a promotion!), and it has been wonderful. He's finally able to sleep on a regular schedule which he's really happy about, and he's far less cranky, which everyone else is really happy about. (hehe)

Ladyofivy has made great strides (literally!) in weight loss. Starting in March, she began a lifetime commitment of calorie counting and exercise. To date, she's lost over 56 lbs. Her goal is 60 lbs. by Christmas! She's looking and feeling a whole let healthier, and everyone who loves her tells her just how proud they are of her. (She's pretty proud of herself, too.)

Both of the kids have been extra busy this year. Billy enrolled in tee ball over the summer, and both Billy and Susie participated in a 6 day tap and ballet class at the local dance school, which they both enjoyed very much. Both children are reading; Billy is reading far above what he's being taught in Kindergarten, and Susie is able to sound out words, most times on her own, and before her fourth birthday, no less. These children are amazing....

Billy, our Kindergartner, has become such a little scientist. He has an insatiable interest in the human body, dinosaurs, and the universe. He also loves Kindergarten very much. He cried when he was sick. Not at the feeling of being ill, so much as at the suggestion of staying home for the day because of it. He has grown up a lot since last year, and yet has remained kind and loving, as he always has been.

Suise has gotten the opportunity to go to Pre-Kindergarten this year. She enjoys half-day classes each day. This has resulted in no more naps, which she's handled with relative ease. Within the past few months, Susie has mastered bathroom use! After about a year of struggling back and forth with her, she finally sleeps through the night without accidents, and no longer has "accident episodes" when something in life changes for her. She's also the family comedienne. her laughter is an ongoing source of joy and endearment for us all. She has blossomed into a little girl who adores giving and receiving affection constantly. Nobody in the family is ever far from hearing an "I love you," when Susie is around.

We look forward to this holiday season as we do each year, and we continue to think of each of you often.
    With Love and Holiday Cheer,
    Bob, Ladyofivy, Billy, Susie (and Fifi arf!) Smith

View our family blog for the latest in zany Smith antics at:

blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.