Frustrated! Not losing weight or inches!! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    With so little weight to lose, you must set your goal to .5 lb. per week. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Exactly.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Even if you weight and measure everything if the entry you choose is not correct you are off.

I have seen a lot of people say they weigh and measure everything and when I see their diary they don't.

There are entries for 1c brown rice...Yah no that needs weighed...

Entries for 2 pitas...yah no that needs weighed...

Entries for Homemade or Generic...Yah no...build the recipe yourself or find the USDA entry to ensure accuracy.

As well you can create your own foods if you see an entry check the nutrional value and edit it if it's not correct (esp if it's something you eat a lot of) and it can be found under the "MY FOODS" tab...I do that all the time

ETA: I know 2 people of similar stats are not the same but I am your height, lift heavy 3x a week and do 2 HIIT sessions a week and eat 1600 everyday...I am older as well (which usually means less calories) but I have lost 2.5lbs in 2 weeks...I weigh everything...and I mean everything...even prepackaged food.

Just because someone uses certain entries from the database does not mean they are not measuring their food. For example 1/4 cup of almonds comes out to 1 oz/28 grams according to the package. So, I weigh those almonds to the correct amount but use the 1/4 c entry because the calories are the same. It might be the same with other foods too.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    With so little weight to lose, you must set your goal to .5 lb. per week. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    Per MFP, if I put sedentary (because I sit at a desk most of the day) and I put .5lb a week it gives me 1640, so then eat my exercise calories on top of that? I don't really know how many to eat with lifting...

If you put .5 and it's only been a month, that would only be a lb. With usual fluctuations and scale limitations, you might not see that lb on your weigh-ins. Add exercise and your muscles holding water, and you certainly might be fine the way you are.

My water weight from beginning lifting more seriously didn't go away for 8 weeks! I kept upping the difficulty :)

That's not to say that you shouldn't weigh your food, etc, but when losing weight slowly you do need to give it more time to see the trend line.
  • krazykate483
    krazykate483 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Per MFP, if I put sedentary (because I sit at a desk most of the day) and I put .5lb a week it gives me 1640, so then eat my exercise calories on top of that? I don't really know how many to eat with lifting...

If you put .5 and it's only been a month, that would only be a lb. With usual fluctuations and scale limitations, you might not see that lb on your weigh-ins. Add exercise and your muscles holding water, and you certainly might be fine the way you are.

My water weight from beginning lifting more seriously didn't go away for 8 weeks! I kept upping the difficulty :)

That's not to say that you shouldn't weigh your food, etc, but when losing weight slowly you do need to give it more time to see the trend line.
    8 weeks!? Holy cow! I'm too impatient! I want results now! Lol. At least some inches lost or something. I need something to keep me from an all out binge from depression! Lol
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

8 weeks!? Holy cow! I'm too impatient! I want results now! Lol. At least some inches lost or something. I need something to keep me from an all out binge from depression! Lol

LOL. I lost inches before the 8 weeks were up! The scale just didn't like me much :)

Measure in a lot of spots, though. I take 3 measurements of my midsection, and one lost much faster than the other 2. And my legs lost weight from the knees up, and I only measure the very top, lol.
  • LoriKi2
    Options
    You look good. Instead of trying to lose that last 5 pounds, pick another goal - maybe to run faster or lift more or excel at something physical that you enjoy. That way your focus is still on your health and you still have a challenge.
  • krazykate483
    Options

LOL. I lost inches before the 8 weeks were up! The scale just didn't like me much :)

Measure in a lot of spots, though. I take 3 measurements of my midsection, and one lost much faster than the other 2. And my legs lost weight from the knees up, and I only measure the very top, lol.
    That's the hard thing, I don't know if I'm measuring myself in the exact spot as the last time. I try to measure the widest spots but using a tape is kinda hard sometimes...idk maybe it's just me...I just want accuracy
  • krazykate483
    Options
    You look good. Instead of trying to lose that last 5 pounds, pick another goal - maybe to run faster or lift more or excel at something physical that you enjoy. That way your focus is still on your health and you still have a challenge.
    Thank you. I'm trying to focus on other things besides weight loss which is why I began tracking measurements but I'm still not having much success...