Need Support (PLEASE & thank you!)

Options
42 & Starting to disipline myself.. Been hurting myself for tooooooooo LONG!!! All i want is to lose weight, yet have done nothing in the past 9 years to try and better myself. Just need some friends and some support.. Please, we all need encouragement, and this site is pretty awesome if we continually use it. I plan on staying on track and bettering myself for me and to set a good example for my children! So please feel free to friend request me.. Good Luck in your journey! :)

Replies

• MyOneInspiration
    MyOneInspiration Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi girl!! It's a long journey for sure but the best decision you will ever make is taking the first step. You can do it!! Joining the gym worked for me. Do your research and find out which ones work best for you (daycares available, business hours, accessibility etc.) then I would suggest you purchase some form of electronics for music (mp3, iPod, cell phone etc) and download your favourite tunes to get you motivated then GO FOR IT!!! Music has brought my fitness routine back to life!!!
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place as you. I registered here a while back and have been saying for years I need to get my weight sorted out but haven't done anything. I'm now 43 with a 2 1/2 year old and want to be fit for him. I will happily support you. What excercises are you planning to do. I have started to do some heavy lifting and think I have finally found something I enjoy.
  • liisablack2
    liisablack2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making a great choice!

Don't try to do everything at once. Pick something you want to work on, practice it, make it part of your routine, then incorporate something new. Before you know it, you are going to have a BUNCH of healthy choices that just feel like regular life! :)
  • mariee03
    mariee03 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning and, like you, have been trying on and off to lose weight. I'm trying to keep in mind this isn't a diet but a lifestyle change, and it's helping a little so far.

I live quite rurally and can't drive so will be starting with exercise DVDs. I gave birth not too long ago and need to slowly build up my fitness levels. Then I think I'll try to get into running. :)
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was in a very bad situation with my health, at 45 it was literally do something or be dead before 50, that's not me being dramatic it is exactly what my heart surgeon told me. I decided to get myself on an eating plan that allowed me a wide selection of foods and I took up regular swimming. I have been attending slimming world and swimming for since May 31st 2013 and in that time I have lost 8 stone 9lb. You can check out my profile shots and my diary.

I am also looking for friends on here who are active, so please add me if you fit the bill.
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In what way is this a succes story?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!