E V E R Y weekend!

Options
Every weekend I ruin my weeks worth of eating well. EVERYTIME!! I seriously gain those 3 pounds back over the weekend and every monday I'm right back where I started. I eat so baddddd and so much! I dont know why! It's like i go into a completley different state of thinking. ughhh I'm just frustrated right now because of course i have a junk food/fried food hang over from the weekend and that's all im craving right now.

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day.. take it slow. Do an awesome work out today. Drink lots and lots of water. You know this might sound cheesy but go look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 good things about you. It will seriously boost that confidence and help you get on track today =)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day.. take it slow. Do an awesome work out today. Drink lots and lots of water. You know this might sound cheesy but go look in the mirror and tell yourself 5 good things about you. It will seriously boost that confidence and help you get on track today =)

That's another thing..I havent been going to the gym as much either. oyee
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Exactly, today is Monday so let’s all begin again.

I do the same on weekends and it’s a really bummer, so much so that it can extend into the week if you are that bummed about it so I totally get it.

My new plan is to have a cheat meal rather than an entire day on Saturday plus I fast on Saturdays (check out the Eat Stop Eat thread here on MFP) so that deficit really helps.

Like this past Saturday we ordered pizza BUT we got easy-on-the-cheese (since we are cheese haters) and all veggies, no pepperoni so that cut out a lot of fat/cals. I had a donut for dessert and then had several 'beverages' out with friends that night but that kind of beverage drinking is seriously a 1 time a year event and I didn't drink any kind of orange juice or regular pop to keep out any extra calories.
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options
    Don't go to the gym..invest in a home work out that way you don't have to drag yourself out there all the time. Thats what I did.. plus I have a 4 year old so its easier for me to work out at home
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Don't go to the gym..invest in a home work out that way you don't have to drag yourself out there all the time. Thats what I did.. plus I have a 4 year old so its easier for me to work out at home

What type of workout do you do at home? I think that would be better for me on the days i dont feel like going to the gym..like todsy lol
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options

What type of workout do you do at home? I think that would be better for me on the days i dont feel like going to the gym..like todsy lol

I do Turbo Fire! Remember me telling you about that? Its an awesome high cardio/high intensity work out. Yesterday I did core and this yoga stretching.. and OMG I feel awesome!!!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, and it really sucks. Come Monday I feel like crap. I think it's because I'm not gaining weight and I'm not entirely unhappy with my weight. So for me, I need to think of something to motivate me to care about losing and toning, like wearing a bikini next summer :-)
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options

The 30 Day Shred is another good one. The workouts are only about 25 minutes and that works best for me because I have a hard time finding an excuse to not spare 25 minutes.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up - weekends are my weakness too! I try and workout both days on the weekend to try and make-up for some of it. I also weigh-in on Weds mornings so that my body has a few days to detox :) Drink plenty of water and remember to log EVERYTHING you eat. I realized that it's okay to splurge but that moderation is the key to success. Good luck!
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    I binge drink on the weekends. . .I'll eat fine, but I love to drink!!! That always does it. I'm bloated, feeling icky, and drained on Mondays. And I don't commit to exercising. . .I feel ya, hon!!!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey there! When the weekend hits, is there a certain junk food that you go for? Do you have a taste for something that you have deprived yourself the week before Saturday hits?
    I text my friend every morning to "get the heck up and go workout"! Maybe if you had someone message or call you and say "hey! the weekends' here, BE GOOD!" lol I know it has worked for me in the past!
  • msstl16
    Options
    yeah...it happens to me too...every weekends i have this uncontrollable urge to eat more.
  • natsjh
    natsjh Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm serioiusly trying to cut down on the weekend binge drinking as always leads to me feeling rubbish in the morning and a craving of fatty fried foods!! I try to plan my weekend food in advance and dont buy anything I shouldn't eat so I am not tempted! also try to do something during the day so I'm not sitting there thinking about food all day... its ok during the week as have work to take my mind off food, but its harder on the weekends.
    Keep picturing your goal in your mind and you will do it!
  • Trickynotts
    Options
    Seems a common thing blowing out at weekends, me too!!! Had an awful one this weekend and infact got so upset about it on Saturday night it spoilt my weekend.
    I've just been out and bought 30 Day Shred and am so excited to go home and get started. Maybe we should start a weekend club to motivate each other and keep the momentum going that is gained throughout the week!?! :happy:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Don't feel so bad. I think everyone struggles with this. The problem is that weekends are much less structured, so it's easier to shrug off a workout or eat properly and at the correct time. Our systems are all thrown off. You'll have to start paying special attention to the choices that you're making and log your calories after every meal.

I know I always try to get to the gym, but like yesterday it doesn't always happen. Try to have some sort of backup plan to squeeze in a mini-workout at home. For me, I pull out my Wii fit. I don't burn as many calories as I do at the gym, but I feel better that I at least did somehting!:-D

Remember! It's a new week! A new chance to start over!

Shannon
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    My problem is I'm so busy...

Here's an example. Friday I worked 8 hours, rushed home grabbed my car, drove back near to work (London parking/congestion charges means I can't drive to work and night time transport means it would take me 3 hours to get home) didn't get time to eat and dj'ed for 7 hours straight with no breaks at all.

Problem with that was....

1. I was so tired Saturday I couldn't be bothered cooking.
    2. I was so hungry Friday night I ended up grabbing the first thing I saw (Hello Golden Arches)

Was dj'ing Saturday night as well, again I couldn't be bothered cooking but grabbed a Subway on the way to work (hello sodium) and after work I ended up grabbing something on the way home again (Hello Kebab) and because of the 2 late nights I ended up heading to the shops Sunday and picking up a pizza (well it's better than getting one delivered from Pizza Hut/Dominos right?).

This morning weighed myself and I hadn't gone up, or down. Which may seem positive but with such a good week I just feel like I threw it at the end.

I have to start planning these weekends a little better. :(
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I ruin my weeks worth of eating well. EVERYTIME!! I seriously gain those 3 pounds back over the weekend and every monday I'm right back where I started. I eat so baddddd and so much! I dont know why! It's like i go into a completley different state of thinking. ughhh I'm just frustrated right now because of course i have a junk food/fried food hang over from the weekend and that's all im craving right now.
    Maybe it's time to decide to change how you handle weekends?
  • mandyshell
    Options
    I do too. Every. Single. Weekend. It's like I don't give a rats *kitten* about all the hard work I did throughout the week. Just out the window. Just know your not alone and hopefully we will both smarten up and stop doing it soon!!
  • doris_day
    Options
    I am exactly the same way. So good through the whole week and allow my weekends to undo the week. I usually bake with my kids and then we eat what we've baked. Of course we are baking things like apple pie, chocolate chip cookies - things like that. There's licking the bowl, making sure the cookies taste okay etc.

Why don't we change this weekend? I do much better when I'm in a challenge. Let's try this weekend to eat super healthy and not gain back those 3 pounds!

Want to do it with me?
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way. not just eating but drinking. today Im exactly where I was this time last week even though I had a loss last week I gained it back. its hard :(