Preparing for my first Figure Competition

Options
I started lifting weights last year and decided to compete in my first figure competition this year. Anyone else on this mission for 2014?

Replies

• I'm not, but I think its awesome you are doing this! I have a friend who competes, and I've seen what hard work and dedication it takes!
  • She is very inspiring!
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I personally would just like to loose at least 15 lbs for the gym competition this June as to anything else not sure just yet. :wink:
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm considering it. Add as friend?
  • red_mage
    red_mage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at doing one in 2015 and am really intimidated about where to start. Would love any advice/encouragement/friends!
  • CYaPRN2
    CYaPRN2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have as well decided to do a competition. First ever. I am now 12 weeks out. It's a daily struggle but am see dramatic changes. Yay. Good luck to you
  • hold_the_mayo
    hold_the_mayo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just made the decision last month- Im cranky with the food adjustment, but am so dedicated im finding it easy to follow my diet- now getting the right balance of cardio/weights is tricky. Add me :) I need more like-minded friends
  • snoodled
    Options
    I have considered competing. I have a friend who does and she is very inspiring. I definitely train like I'm preparing for a competition. I have a lot of body fat to lose before I would even go near a stage. I'm currently working on that and improving my body composition. I would love to have friends who are of that mindset. :smile:
  • IntegratedBodies
    IntegratedBodies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm sorry everyone I just now realized people commented on this post. Thanks for all the support, I'd love to connect with all of you!! ! Is such a great feeling to know people all over are so supportive.
  • mjdjohnson06
    Options
    Hi all! I would love to do a figure competition towards the end of the year. Swapping food plans, exercises would be awesome. I'm still new to weights but I do enjoy lifting. I use to have a huge fear of getting bulking like a She-Hulk LOL. Now I realize I can look slamming and still look feminine sexy AND keep the 'twins' :) I will definitely check out the FB page provided thanks...would love to connect with you all as well. 'Birds of a FIT feather, flock together.." :)
  • marcelametcalf
    Options
    I just decided to compete! This will be my first time and I am nervous! The show is in November ! Good luck to all.