Starbucks Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't go there often cause I am not a coffee drinker. But I do rather enjoy thier tea. There is one I always drink... African Vanilla Bean or something like that.... soooo yummy. I add a little sweetener and good to go.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks! If I am going over-then I treat myself to a tall Mocha frap, with no whip. But, for the regular days, I make my coffee at home, and use the flavored coffee creamers. I love the French Vanilla, Sugar Spice and Peppermint Mocha. For only 35 calories a spoonful then you can enjoy them! I can't live without coffee, so I had to come up with a suitable compromise:)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I use the new flavored via packets. I really love the mocha and I have been combining a half of a mocha pack with a half of a caramel pack and that is really yummy. My daughter loves the vanilla ones and then adds about a teaspoon of hazelnut syrup. The via packs are only 50-80ish calories. A heck of a lot less calories than going to the store plus pretty easy. Microwave water and add to the via pack! My actual store told me that they just started selling their annual Christmas blend, in the via packs, this last week. I haven't gone in and gotten any yet but surely will.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks! If I am going over-then I treat myself to a tall Mocha frap, with no whip. But, for the regular days, I make my coffee at home, and use the flavored coffee creamers. I love the French Vanilla, Sugar Spice and Peppermint Mocha. For only 35 calories a spoonful then you can enjoy them! I can't live without coffee, so I had to come up with a suitable compromise:)

i love creamers! i am allergic to dairy products, so i brew my own coffee and add non-dairy creamers! love love love pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha!
  • SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    Starbucks is such a huge struggle for me too - and I have one in my building! If only I could give it up I would be a much happier person because I would have more calories left for real food. :( Starbucks bad.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Not to add warring topics here (I know people can get pretty riled about Dunkin Donuts versus Starbucks!*LOL*), but I love Dunkin Donut's coffee coolatas. Anyone have a recipe to make something similar at home?

Shannon
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    nonfat dirty chai latte!! yummmm and only about 200 calories!

idk just ordering nonfat is pretty good. though the syrups add sugar but i usually don't get syrup (except pumpkin now its in season... yummm, but even a grande of that is only around 260 if you have extra calories!) or ask for sugarfree flavors.

OK I don't drink coffee, but I LOVE chai lattes, esp from Starbucks (my nearest one is an hour away). So can you tell me what a dirty chai latte is? Thanks!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I hate coffee especially Starbucks (Tim's and Seattle's Best are palatable if they are free and I'm hungry or something) so at Starbucks I get an Iced Skinny Cinamon Dolche Late. It’s 60 cals, 1 WW point for a tall. The non-iced version has about 100 I believe, its 2 WW points.
  • padsi1975
    Options
    Have you got a Pret a Manger near you? I get their skinny lattes. They only do one size and I switched to sweetener rather than sugar. That's 102 calories, compared to my old coffee choice of 223 calories (Starbucks grande latte). Oh, that's 102 calories before sweetener. I actually prefer the Pret coffee now, it has a bit more bite to it, I find the Starbucks lattes too bland now.
  • JDMBabe
    Options
    If you are like me, and cannot live without Starbucks, get the app for the iPhone. You can build any drink you want, hot or cold, customize it to your liking and it gives you a read-out of all the nutrition.

For instance, the app is saying a Grande (16 fl oz) Mocha Frap LIGHT is about 140 calories. With 3 pumps of Mocha and extra caramel drizzle as a topping!

Nutrition Facts

Total Fat: 1g
    Carbohydrates: 34g
    Protein: 4g
    Sodium: 190mg
    Sugars: 29g
    Fiber: 1g
    Iron: 6% DV
    Calcium: 10% DV
    Caffeine: 95mg

Let me know if that helps you! It's NOT bad to have a Starbucks a couple times a week but NOT everyday, like I used too LOL
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree, love the coffee mate flavors!
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    How about the 90 calorie Tall Dolche Cinnamon Latte - Skinny BE sure to REQUEST non fat milk!! otherwise they add whole milk!!
    A friend of mine gave me Starbucks recipe book a few years ago..so this Holiday season..I am going to revise the recipe for SB's Blueberry Coffee Cake..and enjoy a nice home brewed cup..Soon as I find time..going to hunt for the Skinny Cinnamon cf recipe..you could prolly go to your Barnes n Noble to find a recipe book w/ the peppermint coffee!! and revise it with wheat or whatever rings your holiday bells! :) The last time I was in ..I ordered their oatmeal w/fruit n almonds...YUM!