toning shoes

NoAdditives
NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm thinking of getting a pair of those shoes that help tone your legs and butt, but I'm not sure which ones to get. I'm looking at the Reebok Easytone Traintone Slimm and the New Balance 1100. I know that ultimately I need to go to the stores and try them on, but I was wondering if anyone had used these shoes, or ones similar, and had reviews to offer.

Replies

• Sorry, don't have any suggestions but I am in the market for those too. Hopefully some people will post on here. Good Luck on your search!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    I have both a pair of easy tone and the sketchers fitness! Now I will tell you that you are going to get bombarded about how they don't work and it's just a way to get you to buy them, but as a person who has suffered from heel spurs, for a very long time, these are shoes that have been very comfortable for me. It used to be very hard to do my walks, or runs, and I would be in pain afterwards, but since i have gotten these it has gotten better and better and for the first time, in a long time, I am almost heel pain free. I do a 60 minute walk/run, darn near everyday, and I use my sketchers fitness for that. I wear my easy tones for everything else. As far as toning I don't necessarily know if that really works, but for comfort, you bet. I really do recommend that you do indeed go to the store and try them on because the sketchers run a little small but my reebocks are right on.
  • i have the easy tones and i think that they work! i wear them walking around campus! i can kinda feel it when im just walking normally but if im walking fast or going up hill i can really FEEEL THE BUUUURN!
  • I don't know if they work to tone your butt or not but they are super comfortable and springy. it takes about a day to get used to them buy it feels like you have springs on your feet. I love them
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I bought a pair of the cheap L.A. Gear shapers at Ross for $30 bucks and my A** looks GREAT! LOL My calves have a ton of definition and my back doesn't hurt any more. Best investment ever!
  • I got the Danskin from walmart..$27...they work great for me. I can really feel it in my calves, thighs, and butt after my walk. I've only had them a short time so no noticable difference yet, but I'd say they'll do the trick.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    If you want them for the comfort, that's fine. Don't buy them for the supposed "toning" effects--that's the "overpromise" part.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    If you want them for the comfort, that's fine. Don't buy them for the supposed "toning" effects--that's the "overpromise" part.

Exactly, they will only tone b/c you are encouraged to walk. The more exercise you to the more toned you get, it isn't due to the extra padding at all.

That being said I hear professionals who are on their feel all day like nurses absolutely love them but yes, they will take at least a day to get used to.
  • I lost 20 pounds over the last 2 months by getting a pedometer and making sure I walked 10,000 steps every day. I've tried some of the toning sneakers, like MBT's and Skechers Shape ups, but think they're uncomfortable to walk in. I like Smartsole exercise insoles http://www.smartsole.com I wear them everywhere I go, they're really comfortable, and I felt the difference in my legs and butt almost immediately. They're also less than $30. I'm always looking for ways to tone muscles and lose weight, and these insoles are a real help.Try coupon code HG10 for 10% off.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I love my fit flops, most comfortable shoes I own. My DPM suggested "Earth" shoes, they are a reverse heal. They don't look as funky as the toning shoes and serve much of the same purpose. They are easily ordered online as well, and true to size.
This discussion has been closed.