Gonna make it happen this year..suggestions!

Options
Hey everyone,

After working in the healthcare system.. my eyes have opened wider to the dangers of eating unhealthy.
Whether the consequences are diabetes, high cholesterol, or being overweight and uncomfortable.. Each of these things has encouraged me to become more motivated to lose that extra 10-15lbs of "love for food" weight before it's too late!

About Me:
I am 22 years old (almost 23)
5'9"
Currently at 153.00lbs (maybe a little less since I started "dieting" 2 weeks ago) I don't weigh myself often.
Not a big red meat eater (anymore)
Cheese and pastry lover
Currently restricted to eating NO diary

Portion control has been relatively ok accept there are days when my meal is just not providing enough energy to last through 4-5 hours much less 7 on my long work days.
I used to try to be athletic until I developed chroni rhinitis and my body started feeling tired (esp. My back from coughing)
I work M-F 8-5 (but am home by 6) when it's dark and so so cold out to feel motivated to run.

I say I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs because that's what I think may be excess weight but really I just want to feel comfortable with myself physically (buh-bye muffin top , inner thigh, and side booobs!) and overall just FEEL healthy . I want to have the energy and stamina to be a strong 22 year old girl.

Does anyone have any tips on the following...

-sticking through the hardest part of weight loss the slow reduction phase when it feels like it's taking foreeeever to lose those "measly" 10-15 lbs.
-creating meals that are substantial but not in excessive quantities.
-exercising outside in the dark winter . Id like to be lean and tone not just "skin and bones."
-dairy free alternatives
- anyone notice any weight loss with going dairy free?

Thanks for all the help! Feel free to add me so I can snag some tips from your meals and exercises and so that we can help each other get healthy!

Replies

• WannaBeThin87
    WannaBeThin87 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How much do you plan on losing? You aren't currently overweight....
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Since you are currently in a healthy weight range, you should probably focus on your workout. Strength training will do the most to help you feel better about how your body works, while cardio will increase your endurance and overall health.

If you are stuck indoors without a gym, you should probably start with body weight exercises while you work on a long term plan.
  • happiesteater
    Options
    Wannabethin87,
    No, I'm not overweight but I'm not lean either. My goal isn't necessarily to lose weight but just lose the little extra fat that makes me "softer" than desired and makes some clothing uncomfortable to wear (and I'm fairly conservative!). Since exercise can be difficult to do everyday I'm watching what I am eating and only taking what I need and not what I want (which causes that extra "cusion" around my body to begin with) I have been incorporating some yoga/Pilates type workouts and am staying away from eating out so much, i.e pizza, burgers, sushi, ice cream, pastries, food cart food, that is so accessible and cheap and easy in the city I live in. I used to eat out at least 3-4x a week so healthy recipe suggestions are welcome since my recipe book is small and is like to learn how to cool tasty healthy food at home so that I don't turn to the unhealthy food made for me at a restaurant, food cart, s or tore. I want to feel satisfied by my meals but I also don't want to feel guilty or deprived of eating good food. In short I want to teach myself how to be healthy and while doing so loose the extra fat I've put on which I estimate to be 10-15 lbs. could be less, idk it's just a guess.

Concodancia, thanks! Any suggestions or tips for what has worked for you?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!