Getting Back On track

Options
Hello , my name is brittany :)
My starting weight was 307.2lbs with 60% body fat.
After my mom passed away, i fall into a deep depression and i want to die.
I had just lost my mom - she will never see me get married, meet her grandbabies or see me succeed in this journey.
I had begged God to end my life and take me out of my misery . He had other plans. He told me to lose weight and given keep up on being a better version of myself.
I have lost over 100lbs so far but i have slacked off the last couple of months - maybe the holidays or maybe i just needed a break to realize how much i do appreciate my life, health and fitness.

my goal is 140 with 20-15%bf , i want to be able to do pull ups and handstand push ups and do a tough mudder. i have gotten back on track with 1750 calories a day, lifting 5 days a week and 2 days of cardio (I HATE CARDIO....LOL)

i am posting this to find a new support group and hopefully reach out to people who have given up or people who just need a little motivation that is possible and we can do this.

Replies

• action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I started at 347.2 and have a similar goal. I haven't really lost much the last two months myself, but I've maintained and hopefully have gotten through that. Add me if you like.
  • Nsmith1997
    Nsmith1997 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brittany,

I know your Mom can't see you first-hand, but I do believe she sees you from heaven! I do also believe that she left us, her friends, to encourage you and cheer you on.

One of the last important talks I had with my Dad, before he passed away, he told me this:

"Quit eating like crap, quit treating yourself like crap, lose weight, get in shape, and go get another job!"

I did it backwards, I got a new job first... but I doubt that surprises my Dad or God! Last year was the hardest!! I allowed myself the year to grieve, to really really feel like crap. Now, it is time to get in shape and follow the other part of my Dad's advice.

I tipped the scale at 197 when I weighed myself this Monday!! I was embarrassed, but I am not dwelling on it! I have started with Visalus. I know it will help get the initial weight off and then I can begin a new, healthier way of sustaining a healthy lifestyle. I would like to weigh 125, with about 15% body fat.

God-speed to both of us on this journey!!!

Love you sweetie :)
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Worthy2bFIT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have maintain too ! THANK GOD. !
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sarah..I definitely need some motivation I lost almost 30 pounds last year and gained it all back..I can't seem to get back on track. You look amazing great job!! Add me if u like. I live in Hayward :)
  • Stefmoray
    Stefmoray Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Keep it up ladies!
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Options
    omg. Hayward is not far from me ! THATS EXCITING.
    and you can do this!! trust me if i can do this - YOU CAN TOO
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    Thanx I'm Trying!
  • Worthy2bFIT
    Options
    AWW. i know its so hard after losing somebody so close to you!

yea i started off with that too. - remember the first 2 months of it.
    then i got tired of it and started researching food and whole foods and who and what to eat .
    now the only thing i take is a whey protein shake after lifting .
    it is a stepping stone though.
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I can relate to the depth of your grief and want you to know that you are not alone.

I was in the midst of my weight loss journey in 2012, and had lost nearly 40 pounds, when my mother was diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. She had tumors in her brain, spine, hip and lung. When she was diagnosed, we were told she would live only a few weeks. Being a tough-as-nails-fighter, though, she gave us the gift of seven months with her before passed in October 2012. Having lost my father to suicide when I was just 21, and having five amazing little kids of my own, I knew I had to find a way through my immense grief. For me that meant going through the motions and indulging myself until I had enough energy to care about my weight again.

It took over a year, but here I am ... back in action. Though there isn't a day that I do not think about my mom and my dad, I take comfort that they are with me ... guiding me ... believing in me ... just like I know your mother is with you - smiling with pride as she sees you putting one foot in front of the other ... making the journey to a life well lived.

Best of luck - I know you can achieve your dreams!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!