New to the Forums w/ Crohn's!

Options
brewji
brewji Posts: 752 Member
Hey all, I've been lurking the forums for a bit but I finally have confidence to post myself!

I recently hit my 100lbs lost mark (used to be 255 pounds in high school!), and it took me a lifestyle change and around 7.5 years to do so.

I've put on 2 pounds of muscle over the last 7 weeks as I've started to change my workout. My goal is to build some lean mass, but overall maintain everything.

The kicker is, I've been doing this all through fighting Crohn's Disease. It's similar to Ulcerative Colitis, and it's a form of IBD.

If anyone has any questions or wants a friend who understands what it's like, I got your back.

My profile picture is almost a year old, and I think I will update it soon...I just hate selfies, and don't really have anyone to take an updated pic.

Anyways, good luck to all of you in your goals!

Believe in yourself, and fight for everything you have in your imagination.

Cheers!

Replies

• biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Congratulations :)
  • monte74
    monte74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Crohn's too and have put on almost 10kg because of the medication plus the twins 3 years equals 20 kgs of weight I need to drop.

Be kind to yourself and your body. Sounds like you're doing great.
  • amrluvarr
    amrluvarr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have 100lbs to lose and was diagnosed with Crohns a little over a year ago. I've lost about 16lbs so far but it hasn't been easy and I've been in a flare that last few weeks so my weight as stayed the same and even increased by a pound. :/ What great inspiration!