elliptical vs. treadmill vs. bike

Options
2»

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can do and stick. Why not all 3? (not at the same time)
    I know the treadmill really pisses my knees off, so maybe the other two.

^ This.

Also, it will keep it a little more interesting. Maybe add in some weight training as well. :smile:
  • nightshutter
    Options
    For me the best sweat and calorie burner is the arc trainer. A new style machine that's like a elliptical/stair stepper in one. My shirt is soaked after 45 min. I burn about 700-750. Second choice is elliptical. I don't burn as much on this. For ME the stationary bike is a waste of time.
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    As someone who is quite overweight I also do not run and I have limits on what I can do on a treadmill. When I am at a gym I cycle between those three options. Ussually it looks something like this:

Eliptical 15-30 minutes
    Treadmill 15 minutes
    Bike 15 minutes
    Eliptical 15-30 minutes

Do whatever you can manage and whatever you enjoy the most but I find the bike burns less calories and it's just something I use when my back starts bothering me. My favorite is by FAR the eliptical as is probably obvious. After more than 15 minutes of walking my back is pretty sore and running kills my knees.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Rowing. It's a full body workout + it'll tone your upper body as well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can tolerate, lol. I have a hard time with the elliptical and the bike... I prefer the treadmill, but I don't run, typically I use a 'hills' setting with a difficulty of 7 or so (higher inclines), at 3.5 mph.