BRISBANE (Aust) - We have SPAGHETTI SQUASH!

Options
I have been searching around my local fruit & vege shops this week because I have been very eager to try "Spaghetti Squash". For those how haven't heard of this, have a Google - it's pretty awesome.

I have read that it can be a great low-calorie alterative to pasta or noodles and being a big lover for both of these things, I really wanted to get my hands on some!

Unfortunately, finding Spaghetti Squash in Australia (or Brisbane in my case) is very rare. So, after contacting a few places - Zone Fresh in Newmarket, Brisbane contacted me and said they have been able to order some in and it will hopefully be on their shelves tomorrow or Friday.

So, for those located in Brissy that have been wanting to try this vegetable - lookout for it at Zone Fresh Newmarket.

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered this and I don't know how I'll ever go back to regular spaghetti noodles. They were incredible!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, but must have cooked it wrong, because it was too....crunchy or something. I don't think I cooked it long enough. I may try it again. I would love to see how it works in spaghetti.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Sounds very interesting, generally love all vegies will have a snoop around : )
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I am in Sydney and can't find it, need to put more effort into tracking it down. I use to get it about 20 years ago in Albury. its got to be here somewhere.
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    JellyFishJen,

I just contacted some of my locals, none of which had it readily available, but this particular shop was more than happy to order it in for me and see how well it sells.

If your are really keen, just have a call around and see - you might get lucky!
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Haha I live an hour from brisbane, people here haven't even heard of it. Once we move I am thinking of growing my own.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... that sounds ideal. Let me know how it works out, and I will make the trip to the OTHER SIDE to Newmarket.
    I am south of the river!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    someone find me some in the UK pls ! :)
  • miss_eeyore
    miss_eeyore Posts: 15
    Options
    Anybody been able to find any in Melbourne Aust?
  • HugsB
    HugsB Posts: 1
    Options
    In Brisbane, I just discovered you can order them through Sourced Grocer in Teneriffe
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You will love it! There are so many things that you can do with it, just like pasta. :)
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    I always wanted to try this and I thought you had to make your own. Knowing I can order it is good incentive to get some sooner rather than later.

I live in South Brisbane. Would be cool to have some MFP buddies from Brissy if anyone wants to add me!
  • corpse83
    Options
    If you are in QLD, near Goodna, St Ives Fruit & Veg place have it!
    Oh and if you head over to Facebook and search: Vegetable Spaghetti
    There's a list of stockists by state :)
    Enjoy xx
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

^^^This

I had it once when an old client gave me one that she'd grown and I thought it was fantastic!

I've tried growing from seed a couple of times but it's never worked (I'm not very green fingered) and I've never come across any in UK supermarkets :(
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

^^^This

I had it once when an old client gave me one that she'd grown and I thought it was fantastic!

I've tried growing from seed a couple of times but it's never worked (I'm not very green fingered) and I've never come across any in UK supermarkets :(

Wow, I've just found some online and placed an order :)

Here's the link for UK base folks http://www.bigbarn.co.uk/marketplace/product/spaghetti-squash-10-kg/12836~
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's a vegetable I haven't heard of in years! I remember having to learn it for my produce tests back when I was a checkout chick in the 90's. You have just given me inspiration to try and locate some in Melbourne and try cooking it as an adult.