Back in Town and Need Some Advice!

Options
Hey all,

So I took a break from MFP over the past few months. I was busy with work, school etc., but now I'm back and ready to rumble. I was vegetarian from the get go, but have never really gotten my nutrition under control. Now is the time to change that. I have, in the past, asked for recipes, routines, and strategies people use to keep their diet on track, but that hasn't worked in the past so I am going to try something different.

As I endeavour to improve my health, I want to know what a dream day is for all y'all in terms of nutrition. Specifically, on a perfect day where you were happy with what you ate healthwise, but also satiated, what would you have eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Here's mine:

Breakfast - porridge with fruit (apple and blueberry), with a side of rye toast and low-fat cream cheese, a banana, and a black coffee.

Lunch - spinach salad with feta and walnuts, roast carrots, potato, and parsnip; fruit salad.

Dinner - roasted acorn squash, pesto gnocchi, mixed green salad; a beer on Fridays/Saturdays.

So there the you have it; let me know what has been working for you.

PS: Good to be back.

-J

Replies

• Krustpie
    Options
    I’m a recent returnee as well.
    Looking at tweaking my diet to ensure I get enough iron and calcium in my diet without relying on supplements

Dream day
    Breakfast: Fruit compote with Greek yogurt
    Lunch: Butternut and cashew soup with toasted pumpkin seeds
    Dinner: Massive salad with pomegranate, falafel, lemon roast baby potatoes and grilled Halloumi cheese

Your dream day sounds yummy
    Strategy is be prepared