Looking to Loose 70 Lbs - Friends wanted

Options
wandadars
wandadars Posts: 25 Member
Hello.

I'm 6'2" and 270 lbs currently. I have been using MFP for about a year now. I started using MFP when I started engineering graduate school last year. I had gained a lot of weight during my undergraduate degree, and I wanted to make this degree different. I started off strong by losing about 40 pounds. Then I got confused by some of the calorie calculations i.e. whether to eat back exercise calories or not or whether to trust MFP's calorie burn estimates. After stalling for about 5 months I went back to my old eating habits and gained most of the weight back. In hindsight my mistake was obvious, and I don't plan on making it again. I'm starting again this time. I'm also getting married this year, so I have additional motivation to kick things into gear :smile:

I'm looking for any friends, because it's easy to slide into old habits when no one is looking.

Replies

• wandadars
    Options
    Bump
  • davemap
    davemap Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    congratulations on getting married first off, Feel free to Add me i log on everyday well at least for past 3 weeks. i lost 70 lbs so far and have another 45-55 to go and would love the extra support
  • Paleobinny
    Options
    Good luck my friend - looking to lose about the same - feel free to add me.

Matt
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Same here feel free to add me and good luck
  • JAGWIRE13579
    Options
    I'm always happy for a new friend, I have a daughter just about your age so I might offer a different perspective. You are so smart to stick with it. I yoyo'd my whole life and just seriously added exercise to my program, it's made a lot of difference. I'm afraid I won't be able to add much in the way of information for you. Being a 43yo woman with a stagnant metabolism my dieting habits will be very different from yours but I'm a good cheering section. Go you!
  • pastamomma
    pastamomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I'm older also, 53 yo, but I'm here every day and love to encourage. Good for you doing this now!!!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    another overweight ex-engineering student here! (been married for ages though..:)

feel free to add me. I'm pretty good at logging stuff and aiming for about 1600 / day.
  • footballpeach
    Options
    I have a total of 70 pounds to lose also. This is my first month of MFP and I'm feeling positive (former Weight Watcher). I'm using the TDEE method to help me with calorie intake calculation and it has helped me, 7 pounds lost so far. You can add me as a friend, we can encourage each other.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I have been on here for almost two years. 80 pounds to go, although it's been fairly level for the last year or so
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hiiiii
    Im Sarah
    26 years old
    living in Belfast in Northern Ireland
    Im 6ft tall

1st December 2013 Starting Weight = 335lbs
    30 January 2013 Current Weight = 296lbs
    Weight Loss so far = 39lbs
    Review Goal Weight = 250lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight = 195lbs (set by my doctor to be 'ideal' weight)

I'm following a very low carb programme, Atkins, and whilst it's not for everyone, it's working for me to date - I'm not big on exercise ebcause of the joint pain I get, plus slipped 2 discs in August 2012 and I still get daily pain so daily tasks can be difficult but hoping losing weight will relieve some pressure on my joints

I'm 100% happy for people to add me, although i'd rather not have friends on here who just want to lose a few vanity lbs to look better in a bikini - I personally feel more motivated by people in a similar situation to myself x
  • kimberlykristy
    kimberlykristy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal--feel free to add me. I have had success in the past losing weight by keeping track of calories and exercise, but unfortunately I've gained all that weight back. But here I am again, determined not to give up! :)
  • tanengre
    tanengre Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck on reaching your goals. I have been using this off and on for a while but, this week I decided to get serious and start logging my food. I can really see where I have been going wrong. I have 100 lbs to loose. Please consider me a friend and weight loss buddy!
    2199216 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me I have tried several different programs. Feel excited to be starting again on this journey good to know I'm not alone looking forward to the weight lost as well as the support. We can help each other. I need to lose about the same. Let's do it !!!
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Purple_Orchid that's great. CONGRATULATIONS.. well done. I am imporessed and very pleased for you, keep up the great work.
    2199216 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    What's the TDEE method
  • kstinnett0127
    Options
    You can add me I still have 25lbs more to go, and I need some extra support as well!!
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have 70 pounds to lose; I have been on MFP for 2 years. The first year I did O.K., but then I slacked off. The second year I have been faithful except for the holidays (10 pound gain). I'm back on track now; I hope to lose 50 pounds this year.

Add me as a MFP friend!!!
  • baabica
    baabica Posts: 11
    Options
    Started loosing weight month ago.. so far it's slow but permenant :) hope to find some friends to help me reach my goal :)
  • vrehkopf
    vrehkopf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Im trying to loose 70lbs right now too.. i started at 270, and have kicked about 30lbs.. i took a break during the holidays, so Im trying to get back in the healthy mind set again! You can do it!! keeping track of what you eat really helps!~! :)
  • wandadars
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the friend requests and posts! Here's to making 2014 a great year!