Measurements

Options
Does anyones measurements fluctuate by like a half inch every week?? its a little annoying..i dont think im measuring right..hmmmmm what do you do to make sure you are in the exact spot, or does the fluctuating not matter not to much

Replies

• xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't recommend measuring every week. It's like weighing yourself everyday. It's going to fluctuate, based on position of the tape or maybe being bloated. I'm measuring every 1.5-2 months. See how that works out for ya :)
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    Are you measuring before or after a workout? The flux could be due to swelling in your muscles from use. After a good workout, my muscles will stay swollen for a day... if the workout was particularly rugged, they will stay hypertrophied for a couple of days even.

It could also be due to water retention - you can change the skin volume significantly if you are properly hydrated.

Like weighing, make sure you are measuring at the same time of day each week.

I wouldnt worry about a half an inch.
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Does anyones measurements fluctuate by like a half inch every week?? its a little annoying..i dont think im measuring right..hmmmmm what do you do to make sure you are in the exact spot, or does the fluctuating not matter not to much

Mine do. I know that measuring once a month is recommended, but I like to see if I have had any losses each week. As long as you don't get discouraged, I think measuring once a week is fine. Just keep in mind that water retention will skew your measurements a bit sometimes.