Hi there!

anakaylia
anakaylia Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Ana. I'm 23 years old and after about 6 years of fad-dieting, I've decided to try it the old fashion way. I've been overweight ever since I was about 8 years old, due to weight gain from medication I was taking for childhood epilepsy. Since then I became an emotional eater. I guess for me it was that stuffing my face made up for the cruel things people called me.

I have a small support system of a few (count them.. 7) friends. My family consists of 2 sisters, who never had an issue with weight, and my father who is always ready and willing to complain about everything about me. My mother lives in Germany (whereas, I live in Virginia) and she had a lot of weight struggles as well.

Today's my first day here and I've already updated my breakfast in my food diary.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully, this will be the start of something I've wanted for more than I can remember. :)

Replies

• anakaylia
    anakaylia Posts: 2
    My name is Ana. I'm 23 years old and after about 6 years of fad-dieting, I've decided to try it the old fashion way. I've been overweight ever since I was about 8 years old, due to weight gain from medication I was taking for childhood epilepsy. Since then I became an emotional eater. I guess for me it was that stuffing my face made up for the cruel things people called me.

I have a small support system of a few (count them.. 7) friends. My family consists of 2 sisters, who never had an issue with weight, and my father who is always ready and willing to complain about everything about me. My mother lives in Germany (whereas, I live in Virginia) and she had a lot of weight struggles as well.

Today's my first day here and I've already updated my breakfast in my food diary.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully, this will be the start of something I've wanted for more than I can remember. :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome to the group. This is a terrific place to find support. You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • Lowrider
    Lowrider Posts: 16 Member
    /it has been said that one good friend is better that 100 acquaintances whose opinion should not count. Look at your faither's comments closely and you may see that it is he that is not happy with his own life and is dumping it on you. The wonderful thing about being 23 is you are your own person and you can take his comments and leave them at the back door next to the garbage. MFP is not so old fashion when you look at all the fad diets that fail. I look at it as more "Back to the Basics" and a lot cheaper than all those potions, portions and empty promises. It is working for so many and I know it can work for you. Looking forward to your success stories, post your concerns and see the positive support you will receive, the future is your choice. Cheers.
  • alisha123
    alisha123 Posts: 71
    Welcome to MFP! Good Luck! I think you'll really find all the different discussions helpful, I do.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Well honey, you've come to the right place to lose weight in a healthy way and have hundreds of people supporting you along the way!!! WELCOME!! :flowerforyou: You can do this. You've already started logging breakfast, just keep going. Make this your browser home page. Yay, you're on your way!!
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome to MFP, it's so great! You'll talk to some of the most wonderful people in the world on here! Remember everyone is here for the same reason! Hang in there and you'll do great! E-mail me anytime. I have done all the fad diets too and I seemed to get bigger and bigger everytime I came off of one! This works and I LOVE it!!! I've been counting calories since June 17th, 2008 and I say I'm doing pretty good! You can do it, you can do it!!! :bigsmile:

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Gator1969
    Gator1969 Posts: 1
    S'up
  • Welcome!!! This is a great site to be on. I myself am fairly new, but so far it has done very well by me. And the support of everyone is just unbelievable.

Good luck and we are always here to help out with whatever you are struggling with.:happy:
This discussion has been closed.