Every.Single.Time I look at the scale

It goes up. Seriously though, I feel like I've spent all of my adult years on a weight loss journey, but it hasn't been a weight loss journey, apparently it's been a journey of gaining weight.

I'm Samantha, I'm 26 years old, 5'1 and I weigh in at 246 lbs. My goal weight is 140 for now, but I'm going to set smaller short term goal weights. This is day one, but I will keep an open journal, so hopefully my pals can critique me a bit or cheer me on. I promise to give the encouragement right back :)

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    You can do it :) It's a lifelong battle. Just don't give up. Add me if you would like.:flowerforyou:
  • Hi Samantha,
    I'm Jodie and I know exactly how you feel. This year I am determined to lose weight and buy my first ever bikini even if it means changing my Scottish diet completely, no more haggis for me hehe. Good luck and add me if you would like some extra support x
  • lwalrob
    lwalrob Posts: 9 Member
    Add me, too. The rewards are worth the effort. If you need advice, I can help. I'm a trained Health Coach.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    One day at a time!

There is another thread active today about goal setting. It can be very motivational to set goals that have nothing to do with the scale, like walk a mile in 15 minutes or to try one new food a week.