10 lbs tips?!?

Options
Im 5'7 and currently weighing in at 141.1 I am looking to lose about 10 pounds and get down to 130 and then get toned from there. Any tips on losing these tricky pounds?

Replies

• bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    IIFYM (if it fits your macros), & workout. Thats about it, lol
  • rfrichardson29
    Options
    I'm only trying to lose a few pounds, too, and this app has been great. I've just been eating healthier and counting calories on the app. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would to be keep to 1220 calories/day. I'm trying to work in exercise, but it's not really happening much. I started at the first of the year, and though I've backslid a few times when going on a short vacation and celebrating a birthday (couldn't pass up the cake), I've lost 8 pounds. I generally eat Greek yogurt for breakfast, scrambled egg whites with spinach mixed in for lunch, and a mixture of brown rice, black beans, and salsa for dinner. Also chicken, salmon, and lots of broccoli. Baby carrots and hummus to snack on, or maybe an apple and string cheese. I also try to work in some berries every day (topped with Cool Whip Lite or mixed in with oatmeal). I need to try some new recipes, but what I've been eating is so easy to make and tastes good. It's also working!
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and currently weighing in at 141.1 I am looking to lose about 10 pounds and get down to 130 and then get toned from there. Any tips on losing these tricky pounds?

I've been having a hard time, I tried just going off of what MFP says and just eating at a deficit. But that wasn't working (16 days of trying and no weight loss) so I had to really figure out what I was doing wrong and it looks like it was too much sugar (not total carbs, but specifically added sugar) and not enough protein. I had to play around with that and I'm still eating the same number of calories but now the weight is coming off much faster (I lost 2 lbs in 5 days) :)