recommendations for a protein powder?

Options
Wanting to branch out and incorporate a protein powder into my daily food regimen. Can anyone suggest a good, not too expensive brand? I understand that you get what you pay for, but also have to stay on a budget.

Thanks!

Replies

• KyaniBody
    Options
    Dymatize Gourmet Whey is a good tasting, great mixabiliy more cost effective protein. Good Macros on it also.
  • Hersh001
    Hersh001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i use source organic whey 2 scoops a day - get it on amazon in 2lb bags

-Non-GMO Project verified, American Humane Association Certified, USDA Organic, Kosher
    -Pure whey from the milk of grass-fed cows from family farms in Northern California
    -No added sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, colors or flavors, 36 servings
    -21g of protein, 4.9 grams of branched-chain amino acids, and 150mg glutathione per serving
    -Soy-free, Gluten-free, processed without acid or bleach, rBGH/rBST hormone free, non-denatured, cold-processed
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    gold standard whey- good uncomplicated- decent powder. Had the seal of approval for me from my IBFF pro buddy.

Costs about 30 and change. Vanilla is amazing- goes in everything. Chocolate is good too- but I prefer vanilla.

My Gold Standard Natural is coming Saturday- interested to see the difference between the standard and the natural one.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Cookies and Cream! Yum!
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use the generic Whole Foods brand - 365 - 110 cal/16g protein. It dissolves well and the taste is decent. It's not bad for a supplement but I usually just eat 6 oz plain Greek yogurt (100 cal/18-20g protein).
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I buy Body Fortress Super Advanced - Whey Protein Powder (comes in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) It is $15.99 at Walmart. It is the cheapest I could find and I really like the chocolate mixed with almond milk!
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options
    discountsupplements lot's on there. I buy the cheap stuff 4 x 2.25kg bags for 72 pound.
  • The_Angry_Fish_Guy
    The_Angry_Fish_Guy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    gold standard. Huge tub at COSTCO cheapest you'll find it.. Boomwhaaa?!?!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few and never found one I can stomach until I found BSN Sytha-6. It's a little high on the calories (200) and slightly lower on protein than others (22g vs 25g) but it's best tasting protein powder I've ever found. They make a Lean Dessert one that's only 150 calories but I haven't tried it yet.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    GNC Vanilla Bean Lean Shake 25. It's marketed as a meal replacement, but it has 25 grams of protein.

or chocolate gold standard natural whey

ETA: I understand you are on a budget, but honestly, if you get a cheap powder you won't want to drink it anyway cause it will most likely be aweful. try amazon or bodybuilding.com and try to get a good deal on a higher quality protein.
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use Syntrax Nectar and Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Cost effective, high protein, low carb, 120 calories. I like a lot of the flavors but mostly just use the Chocolate.
  • GlacierFitness
    GlacierFitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I swear by Shakeology by Beachbody. The 2 lb bag goes for just over $100 a month and it works out to $4/day. For $4 a day I think I'll make the sacrifice, heck it's a dollar more than a bus ticket!
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CytoSport Muscle Milk

One scoop
    Protein 16g
    Fiber 2g
    Carbs 9g
    Calories 150

LACTOSE FREE!!!!!
  • cerumens
    cerumens Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced via Amazon subscribe and save 15% and a 20% discount coupon applied (which is found on the health and personal care coupon section) averages $10-11 a 2lb bottle. You need to buy 5 items to get the subscribe and save price. I usually buy 5 at a time or just get a couple and a few very cheap subscribe and save items to fulfill the 5 item requirement.

It tastes fine although I realize there are better powders out there this is the most budget friendly I have found, and we use tons of protein powder....
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I love Cellucor's Peanutbutter Marshmellow... You can order it from bodybuilding.com for 30$ for a 2lb tub.

So far, I've used it to make : Smoothies, cheesecake, pancakes and frozen yogurt-- YUM!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I also use Cytosport Muscle Milk. Costco sells a big bag of it for like 30 bucks or so that will last a long time. I use both the vanilla and chocolate.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    CytoSport Muscle Milk

One scoop
    Protein 16g
    Fiber 2g
    Carbs 9g
    Calories 150

LACTOSE FREE!!!!!

This...Cookies and Cream is fantastic! And it also mixes better than any other I've used.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I also use Cytosport Muscle Milk. Costco sells a big bag of it for like 30 bucks or so that will last a long time. I use both the vanilla and chocolate.

Mixes well with Almond milk!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Mixes well with Almond milk!

Yes it does!