i know this isnt really to do with MFP

Options
bethcox16
bethcox16 Posts: 229 Member
but need to let this out...

I Failed my driving test today, because of a stupid thing that should have never happened... I stalled on a roundabout because what I thought was 1st turned out to be 3rd... other than that I only got 5 minors... and I came home... and ate ice cream... like a whole tub :(

sorry... just needed to vent...

thanks for looking...

Replies

• Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Most people fail their first time, don't be too hard on yourself!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I technically failed on my test too (damn california rolling stops...) but the lady was kind and passed me.

Little did she know...

Well, I'm about to get my license back once I pay off the $3,500 or so in tickets that I owe,,,

anyway, if at first you don't succeed then dust yourself off and try again. You got this, girl!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    So you go right back as soon as you are eligible and don't make the same mistake.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    I'm a male...I passed my first time and have been driving accident/violation free since I was 15.

But that sucks, I'm sorry. I watched a labmate of mine not get out of the lot because he couldn't parallel park a Camry in a pace big enough for a garbage truck.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    the problem with roundabouts is...

...that you feel like you're just going around in circles.
  • theoncomingstorm60
    Options
    I hate roundabouts.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Next time, try it this way. Then when you are finished, tell them to pass you or you are telling everyone they pee'd their pants!

tumblr_m5fahxtfYB1rprwzqo1_400.gif
  • bethcox16
    Options
    thank you guys! Your so nice!

I have never in my life stalled on a roundabout and the one time I do is on my test!! typical! I hate driving anyway I just need to pass... any way just booked another one for the 4th of march, hopefully I'll pass then!

thanks again everyone!!
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Next time, try it this way. Then when you are finished, tell them to pass you or you are telling everyone they pee'd their pants!

I had NO IDEA that they were videotaping me while I did this...OOPS. Can you see my face?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

I had NO IDEA that they were videotaping me while I did this...OOPS. Can you see my face?

tire salesmen love to see gifs like that!
  • bethcox16
    Options

love this, definitely the way to pass your test!!

after I turned the back engine on I was so angry I managed wheel spin start!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'd pass you for being able to drive a manual.

But she can't, which is why she failed. :laugh:
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't feel bad at all...I am assuming that you're British...and I lived in the UK back in 1998... trust me; I wouldn't want to take your driving exam! It's tough!

Don't worry about the ice cream... a minor road bump never stopped anyone! ;)
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I failed my first test because I forgot to buckle my seat belt :/ I started to back out of the parking spot, and the lady told me to stop and pull back in and that we were done lol
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    driving tests are horrible stressful things :( Never mind though, pick yourself up and dust yourself off and next time you'll pass!!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Come to america, we let people of all skills drive! We don't even have many manual transmissions, they distract from eating and texting
  • missbirrell
    Options
    I failed my test 4 times - passed 5th time with not a single minor and have been driving safely, no accidents for oooh, 7 years now. Don't give up!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I failed my first driving test because I stopped at a red light. (or should I say slammed on the brakes when someone was right behind me and the lights had only just changed, and I should've kept going, and was major faulted for that........... major faulted for stopping at a red light, basically......)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'd pass you for being able to drive a manual.

almost everyone in Britain does their test in a manual,. because if you do the test in an automatic, you're only allowed to drive automatics. If you pass your test in a manual, you can drive either.