Here I go....AGAIN!

Options
Hi everyone!

So this is not my first time with MFP. My problem is I keep falling off that darn wagon! I have about 25 lbs to loose for me to feel comfortable with myself again. And summer time is just around the corner!

I'm hoping the motivation from friends can help me stay on track this time. Please add me!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mattis8175
    mattis8175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm right there with you...this is my 3rd try with MFP. I start out guns blazing and choke after a few weeks. This is my first time joining groups and challenges though, so maybe the support and measurable goals from challenges will help keep me on track. I have about 30 lbs to go and my name is Jennifer also! Mind if I add you?
  • Iwantchange_22
    Iwantchange_22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my 3rd time on mfp and also my third year trying to loose weight.
    best of luck to all of us this time around!!!

Anyone can add me :)
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    welcome back! lets get it done!!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Must be a Jennifer thing because I too have returned here as of Monday. We CAN do it. Any time we want to fall off the wagon lets think about shopping for fun summer clothes that will be smaller and not worry about hiding ourselves.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So this is not my first time with MFP. My problem is I keep falling off that darn wagon! I have about 25 lbs to loose for me to feel comfortable with myself again. And summer time is just around the corner!

I'm hoping the motivation from friends can help me stay on track this time. Please add me!! :flowerforyou:
    Friends don't really motivate, then inspire. Someone could be the best motivational speaker in the world, and the person listening could still fail because of lack of motivation on their part.

You are responsible for YOUR motivation. Even if friends didn't motivate you, if you're committed, then no obstacles or setbacks would deter you from reaching goal.

So look at it objectively. Do you REALLY want this? Or do you just DESIRE it? I'd love to be rich. But I'm not committed to working 12 hours days or opening up a business or playing the stock market.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is my second time. I only took a few months off and gained 9 pounds now I'm back again for almost 2 weeks and down 6 pounds already! I need to lose 40 more to hit my goal weight and I want it done and over with by the Summer! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm here with you as well, I started in 2011, tried three other times to get back into it, this time took a different approach and now I have people to be accountable to. Feel free to add me.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all i hope you stick with it...feel free to add...im happy to support
  • coilbot
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for getting back on the wagon. Success is not measured by how few times we fall, but how many times we get back up.

Good luck and feel free to add me if you would like. I am new to MFP and could use some friends and support too

Thanks
    Kelsey
  • lizlosesthelbs
    Options
    Hi Jennifer & co!

I'm also a returning member always looking for motivational (and fun!) buddies. Feel free to add me, everyone! :happy: WE GOT THIS!
  • Al_Ann_momma
    Al_Ann_momma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI!! I am also a returning member and just keep falling off the wagon as well! My daughter is now 7 months old and I still weigh 15 pounds more than I did when I got pregnant.

Feel free to add me as a friend as well as anyone else :smile:

I am trying to train to do the warrior dash in July.....I have a plan but just can't seem to put it in motion.
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the falling off the wagon. I do it all the time. So far I am doing much better this time around. Best thing is you're back and you seem to be determined to make it happen. Keep at it and it will become habit. =)
    Cindy
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a third timmer. Add me if you would like. :)