Hi! I'm Kate! Let's be buddies!

Options
Hello hello everyone! My name is Kate and I am so close to my goal, I can TASTE it! This is not my first time on My Fitness Pal, but at the beginning of the new year, with 35 pounds to go until my goal weight, I wanted to start fresh, with no friends, just me, to see if I could lose ten pounds. And I did it!

But, it was a pretty lonely journey for these past 28 days. I'm proud of myself for having the motivation to do it, but it was a hard process. Now, with only 25 pounds to go, the hardest part of my mission to be healthy is about to start. The closer I get, the harder it is to lose the weight and I could sure use some new, super motivated, extra encouraging friends to help me reach that goal. I'm so excited to post my before and afters in the "Success Stories" forum, but I need your help getting there.

I'm going to chat myself up a bit. This is why you want to be MY friend. I started losing weight in November of 2012. All my stats are in the photo below.

5aba325c-c0f6-4d5e-9b4e-0042d26c8245_zps157d96d2.jpg

I felt terrible about myself. I hated buying clothes. I hated WEARING clothes, but I liked them better than seeing myself without them. It was time for a change, and I became determined to do so. It took a while, but by November of 2013, I'd made it halfway to my goal and the difference in the photos astounded me!

dd8f8000-1d8e-4249-b73c-07c53fb4085a_zps341e766a.jpg

Crazy right?! Just two months after this photo, for the first time in my life, I moved into the "Normal" BMI range! It's a crazy feeling to not be "overweight" anymore, and even better to be so far away from "obese" where I started!

I'm incredibly motivated to get to my goal and take those final photos! But I could really use your help!

And don't worry, I'll be there to cheer you on your mission to lose weight as well! I log on every day and you can be sure I'll be there to motivate you, too! So, let's be friends and make it to our goals together!

Replies

• anih87
    anih87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate! You have made some amazing progress, well done! Super inspiring :) I've got about 40lbs to lose and would love some encouragement from someone similar (and would love to support you on your journey too). I've added you :)
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    Very nice! I would be glad to add you. I was close to 190 in the summer/fall months, but after I quit my job to focus on school, I gained a significant amount back.
  • It's good to meet you guys too! Thanks for the adds, everyone! I look forward to seeing all of your progress!
  • lizlosesthelbs
    Options
    Hi Kate! I'm sending a FR now. Anyone else feel free to add as well! I'm on here everyday and I try my best to motivate. We got this! :)
  • mellyr910
    Options
    Hi kate! wow I'm super impressed with your progress that's great! you look awesome! I just recently started a lifestyle change around 3 weeks ago. I have only lost 4 pounds so far... but I feel okay because I am not crash dieting like I used to. I feel like I am starting something permanent. I look forward to meeting people who are on the same journey or have reached their goal. Are there any exercise or diet tips you could share with me that were really helpful to you? I currently weigh 233, my goal is to be 160.
  • mellyr910
    Options
    how do you add people?
  • Pritree
    Pritree Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job - you look amazing!