Apple shape depression?

Options
I'm the terrible apple shaped girl. I hate it! No butt no leg shape and my bottom half is smaller then my top half I love my self I my face ect but when it comes to my body I hate it and I don't wanna sound selfish but I dread it. I'm tall and it's terrible I can't find no clothing to look good on me with this body shape and the clothing I like always end up looking terrible on me I would like if Somone can show a before or after? I have no motivation anymore

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I know this old and I'm sorry you were/are so depressed. I have the SAME body type. No butt, Skinny legs and thighs and ALL STOMACH AND BREASTS. i cant even wear jeans because of the body I have. I'm hoping with more weight loss I'll someday be able to wear jeans. Seriously I havent been able to wear jeans in 20 years. I've only worn shorts.
  • aa70queen01
    Options
    Yes! I agree with you. It's so hard to conceal your problem areas with clothes too! I would like to think of us as more leggy creatures, no? We got to work with what we're given. I'm hoping weight loss will not only increase my quality of life, but give me more shopping options too!
  • goldenopp
    Options
    Great job on the amount you've lost! I'm down only 30, 50 to go...
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Can so relate. I have gotten down to an 8/10 for jean size but still have to wear XL-1X tops. It gets to be a real pain when you want a dress....bottom fits....top is way too tight....top fits....bottoms can fit 2 of you.

That being said, I have found that it's not all bad. I'm sure the pear shaped woman is thinking that it sucks to have hips and thighs with no "girls".

Google "fashion for apple shape" and you will find great ways to dress this particular body type. Google "apple type bodies" and you will find some of the most beautiful women have this shape. Katherin Zeta-Jones, Angelina Jolie, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry....and the list goes on and on.

Work hard to improve what nature has given us but embrace it also.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Can so relate. I have gotten down to an 8/10 for jean size but still have to wear XL-1X tops. It gets to be a real pain when you want a dress....bottom fits....top is way too tight....top fits....bottoms can fit 2 of you.

That being said, I have found that it's not all bad. I'm sure the pear shaped woman is thinking that it sucks to have hips and thighs with no "girls".

Google "fashion for apple shape" and you will find great ways to dress this particular body type. Google "apple type bodies" and you will find some of the most beautiful women have this shape. Katherin Zeta-Jones, Angelina Jolie, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry....and the list goes on and on.

This pear shaped women definitely feels that way. I have a bigger bottom with nothing on top. You just have to work with what nature has given you. Try running and squats to boost your booty.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Depressed over being an apple? Why? You've been blessed! Think about it - you can do exercises that give your booty and legs shape, but no exercise nor diet is going to give you naturally broad shoulders and an ample bust!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Work with what you got! I bet you could rock a pair of skinny jeans.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Apple shape here! After losing weight, clothes are starting to fit better but it is still VERY difficult to find clothes that don't make me look top-heavy. Skirts? Forget about it. I've learned to love my body for what it is even when I don't like what I see. I agree with bkw that you should Google some tips. My Pinterest has a board for that as well if you would like to take a look =)
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options

YES! I am a pear shape and we have our own issues as well. I can wear a Medium top but have to have XL bottoms. I have huge hips, butt and thighs because that is where all my weight accumulates. So where as you apple shapes can't fit anything up top...we can't fit anything down bottom. And forget jeans, buy the time I buy them big enough to fit over my thighs and hips they are HUGE in the waist so they fall down...
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Depressed over being an apple? Why? You've been blessed! Think about it - you can do exercises that give your booty and legs shape, but no exercise nor diet is going to give you naturally broad shoulders and an ample bust!

^ This!

You can build an *kitten* in the gym! A pear can't get breasts in the gym.

If you dislike your body start building the muscles in your thighs and butt :happy:
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

QFT

As for fashion....I live by 3 rules.....cleavage, peplum, bootcut. :D
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, lose body fat, and your "shape" will change. I was once an apple shape. No *kitten*, tiny legs, all my weight was north of my hips. Now I have an *kitten*, I have quads and hamstrings, I have a waistline. No boobs to speak of anymore, but I think I came out ahead in the deal. Don't just accept that the way you look now is the way you are destined to look forever.

Before:
    fat1.JPG

After:
    517622_7952.jpg
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am an apple shape and also find it difficult to find fitting clothes. Usually to find jeans they are tight in the waist leaving me with major muffin top or they are super baggy in the butt and thighs. I occasionally find something that sort of works. I just began lifting a little bit and working out and when I took my measurements my thighs actually got bigger. My trainer at first said "oh we may need to change something" I looked at her and told her "no!" I wanted to get bigger butt and thighs. As long as my waist is getting smaller I am ok with bigger more muscular thighs. She was ready to help. I am excited to see the changes.
    I do get depressed about my shape too. I find that my belly sticks out so far that it is so unattractive in any shirt that might slightly touch my bulging belly. I would love to have a flat stomach. I see women with different shapes but similar height and weight and they don't look nearly as fat as I look. They are more proportioned in their bodies and they may have what they think is a big butt, but currently that is pretty popular. Big bellies are not ever cute, well except some pregnant bellies. Oh and warm puppy or baby bellies are cute. Mine is not cute. Of course I am slowly learning to look at things differently and begin appreciating the things about my body that are awesome. I am also learning to take this process slow and relax while having fun getting healthier. All of this is a learning process for me and I have a lot more to learn. Taking zumba really makes me wish I had a bigger butt. I really enjoy doing it though so I continue participating though I look really silly :) There is nothing in the back to shake. There is a site and I can't remember the name but it shows women with different shapes and at different sizes. It is kinda interesting. I think I realized to have a flat stomach I would really need to be really thin. So I am currently working on different goals. I am making fitness goals instead.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

This is me exactly, medium for bottoms and XL for tops. It makes dress and bathing suit shopping so difficult. Thank you for the tips, I will google them.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, lose body fat, and your "shape" will change. I was once an apple shape. No *kitten*, tiny legs, all my weight was north of my hips. Now I have an *kitten*, I have quads and hamstrings, I have a waistline. No boobs to speak of anymore, but I think I came out ahead in the deal. Don't just accept that the way you look now is the way you are destined to look forever.

Before:
    fat1.JPG

After:
    517622_7952.jpg

Boom. This.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I am tall. 5'11 and 42 years old. Dont be depressed. Just DO.
    fc85c5a2-a498-4227-a7c5-0eda83dd2559_zps97e15cac.jpg?t=1391022229
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    OP deactivated. To all the other sad apples, don't give up! I am a cranky pear and will see this keister shrink if it's the last thing I do.
  • Madmarsha
    Options
    Feel like I'll never lose the belly.
  • madaleingericke
    madaleingericke Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Apple shape? Pear shape?
    What about me... I'm fruit salad-shaped!
    Now, that's depressing...!