Just looking for support

Options
Hello, I have been using MFP for two weeks now and I am looking for a bigger support group. I am a month and a half away from being 25 and I started the year out at my highest weight 402#!! When I see pictures of me I am so grossed out. I am a mother of a 1 year old and a wife of a loving husband. I want to finally get this weight off and live my life and not feel gross. If you are willing to push me along on this journey, I would be more than happy to have you as a friend. I need all the support I can get. No turning back this time!

Replies

• katieihebb
    katieihebb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there, I need all the support I can get! :)
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
  • tattoofatty
    tattoofatty Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!!!! IM down almost 50lbs from my highest weight, I have another 100 + lbs i want to lose, and my support system is part of why i keep trying to win this battle. Work out, Be consistent and make good food choices. MY START WEIGHT was 317-320 and Im holding in at 273. I need to keep losing and I need all the support i can get. And I plan to support anyone willing to listen to me ramble! :D

I'll send you a request hope you accept! :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tiff and Katie!

Glad you've joined us.

No turning back! You CAN do this. your family is much more important than your favorie bad food.

I'd love to support you.

Nancy
  • Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi! Friend request sent! Anyone else - please feel free to add me. =)
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keep it up you can do it!
  • Antoinette_K
    Options
    Hi...I need all the support I can get as well. I just started with the app today... I am about 268 lbs and Ive been steady gaining since I lost weight after surgery in 2008. I was down to 240 adn was feeling great. My ultimate goal is to loose 60 lbs. I want to see a size 18 or a size 16 again. I am now wearing a size 22 or a 3X. Well my friend encouraged me to try this app she lost 56 lbs using it. I posted on FB and a few others told me this was a great app to have and that they lost weight as well. I do alot of emotional eating and I have diabetes and high blood pressure so this is a matter of life or death and how long I will live...So I have to get serious. I have 2 kids 21 and 18 out of the house. Unfortunately, I am not in a great relationship so..... I need all the support I can get to keep it in the road and get fit for 2014.
  • mellyr910
    Options
    You can do it girl! no goal is impossible! it all starts with small changes, nothing drastic. little lifestyle changes. I am not saying that it is going to be an easy journey but I promise you it will be worth the sacrifice! Even when you feel you are too far gone from ever getting to your goal, don't give up. you'll have some good days, some great days, and some horrible and tough days. I am more than happy to give my support! I wish you the best of luck!
  • LydiaKO
    LydiaKO Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! It's nice to meet you all! :) I would love to support you with all your successes!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Great job taking the first step toward a healthier you!

Anyone can feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • lise_anne
    Options
    If you would like to add me I would happy be your fitness buddy, when you start your journey first things first love your self first and foremost just the way you are, don't be too hard on yourself, I doesn't matter how big you are you should think and speak good words, positive affirmations will make your brain believe anything you want to just like when you hear bad things or thoughts you soak that up easliy and believe it, well same goes for good words and thoughts, the more say and think them the more you will trick your brain into believing it. You made the first step and now you just need to keep walking :) Good luck and I know you can do this :flowerforyou:
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to hit me up for an add! I would love to join you on your journey!
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! It's amazing when you have that AHA moment and decide it's time to change your life! :bigsmile:
    I had that moment on January 5th and I haven't looked back! Welcome! Keep coming back here; there are so many awesome :glasses: people here to support you! Good luck!!:flowerforyou: You can add me as a friend :flowerforyou: