One year, holy crap!

Options
I just realized that it's been a couple days over a year since I started on MFP. I haven't continuously had the intense focus on losing the weight that I wanted to at the beginning. But, the trend has been steadily downward. One year ago I was at 197 (and probably 200 when I started exercising a few weeks earlier but hadn't yet found MFP). Before this morning, the last time on the scale, I was still hovering at the bottom of the 170s. I kept thinking to myself, "just a little more and I'll see that '7' replaced by a '6'!!" I started tracking everything again last week. (When I don't track, I eat healthy but, I guess, too much. Or, at least, too much to lose weight. When I do track, HEY, look at that! I'm eating less, my calories in are less than my calories out, and poof! there goes the weight!!) And, when I stepped on the scale this morning, what did I see?? There wasn't a single '7' on the readout!! ONE-SIXTY-NINE, BABY!! It wasn't until just now when I put that into MFP that I realized, "WHOA, waitasec!! I'm less than 20 pounds from my goal weight!!"

I'd really like to hit 150 by June. That's 17 weeks. Doable -- even with Passover stuck in the middle there. Here we go!!

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congrats.
  • Galexygirl
    Galexygirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hard work pays off! :)
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good work and congratulations!!

love the jersey in your profile pic.. GO PATRIOTS!!
  • HeidiR119
    Options
    Great job!!! What an awesome accomplishment :)
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Love to see the scale go down:):)
  • thekeelbystamps
    thekeelbystamps Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations & well done you - you are an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's awesome work!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job on a healthy new lifestyle!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Way to go !! Your doing great!
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just realized that it's been a couple days over a year since I started on MFP. I haven't continuously had the intense focus on losing the weight that I wanted to at the beginning. But, the trend has been steadily downward. One year ago I was at 197 (and probably 200 when I started exercising a few weeks earlier but hadn't yet found MFP). Before this morning, the last time on the scale, I was still hovering at the bottom of the 170s. I kept thinking to myself, "just a little more and I'll see that '7' replaced by a '6'!!" I started tracking everything again last week. (When I don't track, I eat healthy but, I guess, too much. Or, at least, too much to lose weight. When I do track, HEY, look at that! I'm eating less, my calories in are less than my calories out, and poof! there goes the weight!!) And, when I stepped on the scale this morning, what did I see?? There wasn't a single '7' on the readout!! ONE-SIXTY-NINE, BABY!! It wasn't until just now when I put that into MFP that I realized, "WHOA, waitasec!! I'm less than 20 pounds from my goal weight!!"

I'd really like to hit 150 by June. That's 17 weeks. Doable -- even with Passover stuck in the middle there. Here we go!!

Good job. I bet you hit goal before your deadline!!! Bump this thread back up when you hit your goal.
  • Cynthiaf91
    Options
    NICE!!!!! Go on with your bad self! lol :) That's awesome!! Keep it up! I'm sure you can do it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!